The Claims Support Technician is responsible for accurately entering first notice of loss information into the claims management system; whether the loss was reported by phone, fax, email or regular mail to the Berkley Southeast Insurance Group (BSIG). In addition, the Claims Support Technician will support the Claims Operations in the processing of claims, primarily by indexing / assigning correspondence to the appropriate claim file. This position may also support other functional areas.
The Principal Duties and Responsiblities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing superior customer service and support to external and internal customers of the Claims Creation & Support Unit, while displaying empathy and exhibiting confidence to those reporting a new loss.
- Accurately and efficiently entering new loss information into BSIG's claims management system, including losses that may be phoned into the company by an insured, a claimant or an agent, and then accurately directing those losses to the proper claims handling unit.
- Accurately and efficiently indexing electronic mail (including emails) to the proper claims file in the company's claims management system.
- Providing clerical support for claims representatives, which includes entering new vendors into system once the W9 form is recieved and other system support functions.
- Completnig special projects as assigned
Berkley Southeast Insurance Group is a regional commercial property and casualty underwriting company offering insurance programs through independent agents for commercial customers in the Southeast with local offices in Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, North Carolina, and Georgia. All full-time employees are offered a competitive benefit package starting from the 1st day of hire, to include medical, dental, vision, life, disability, PTO, sick & holidays.