An investment management company serving institutional investors, workplace retirement plans, financial intermediaries and their clients, Calvert Investments offers more than 40 equity, bond, cash, and asset allocation strategies, of which many feature integrated environmental, social, and governance research. By combining rigorous analysis with independent thinking, our disciplined approach to money management goes beyond traditional factors in order to discover investment opportunities with greater long-term potential.
The incumbent provides professional assistance and customer service in all aspects of Money Market and Mutual Fund service and sales to shareholders.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND JOB RESULTS:
- Receives calls from shareholders and analyzes services available at Calvert and recommends solutions on topics ranging from redemptions, exchanges, registration and authorized signer changes, IRS tax treatment of capital gains and dividend income by maintaining an understanding of IRS reporting forms and tax implications of the funds
- Provides shareholders with regulations and information governing their options for contributions and distributions for various qualified and non Qualified pension plans including IRA, SEP, SIMPLE, 403(b)(7), Money Purchase, Profit Sharing.
- Displays thorough knowledge of Calvert products by providing shareholders with information to help them make investment decisions
- Assists callers with inquiries regarding their mutual fund accounts, which includes research and problem resolution.
- Balances a high volume of calls with the need to give the highest level of service to each caller
- Calms irate customers by exhibiting customer service skills/techniques and providing professionalism and courtesy to all callers
- Executes accurate and timely processing of transactions including wire, ACH, exchange, transfer, check redemption, check reorders and account maintenance
- Fulfills literature requests which include; prospectus, annual and semi-annual reports, SAI’s, applications and general forms
- Provides guidance and instruction for use of the VRU and Internet.
- Ensures compliance with FINRA and SEC rules and regulations concerning Mutual Fund trades
- Ensures compliance with fund restrictions as outlined in the prospectus.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides customer service to walk in clients including accepting checks for investment, opening new accounts, registration changes, pension distributions and processing transactions
- Duties are performed in an office environment.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB:
- Prior customer service and/or financial institution experience preferred
- Exceptional organizational skills required
- Ability to prioritize and work well under pressure
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Professional phone manner (clear, professional speaking voice)
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Bachelor’s degree or at least 4 years in an investment related customer service role required
- Series 6 required within 6 months
Calvert Investments, Inc. will employ qualified individuals for specific positions based on their education, experience, and ability. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or other factors which cannot be lawfully used as the basis for an employment decision.
To apply for this position, please submit your résumé via Calvert’s website at www.calvert.com/careers.html. PLEASE DO NOT USE MONSTER'S APPLY NOW BUTTON.