Get new similar jobs by email for
Clinical Nurse Specialist
Nova Medical Group, based in Ashburn, VA is seeking a Clinical Nurse Specialist (Education Coordinator) for our Nursing department.
Nova Medical Group, Nova Urgent Care and The Medical Spa at Nova promote optimal health. We offer a personalized approach, collaborating with our patients to enhance health, lifestyle, and well-being. A multi-specialty, integrative practice, we minimize the need to seek multiple doctors and disciplines to attain comprehensive, cost effective, and sensitive care.
The Education Coordinator incorporates the development of clinical policies and procedures, skill assessments, educational program development, and ongoing professional development for nursing skills. Strong leadership qualities and the ability to multi-task are vital for this position. The Education Coordinator requires knowledge of current nursing practice, standards of care, excellent clinical skills, and the ability to communicate effectively and maintain positive working relationships with patients, peers, and supervisory staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Responsible for developing policies, procedures and the implementation of nursing skills throughout all of Nova Medical Group’s facilities; Sterling, Leesburg, Ashburn and Gainesville.
2. Responsible for designing and coordinating educational programs to promote professional development of staff in order to maintain compliance with policies, procedures, and standards.
3. Instruct BLS/CPR, ACLS, PALS certification courses and “Mock-Code” emergency preparedness scenarios.
4. Assess educational needs and provide relevant training through implementation of consistent nursing education, in-services, annual competencies and semi-annual courses.
5. Support and guide clinical staff in learning, applying, and implementing care guidelines, processes, standards, critical thinking skills and have the ability to teach material based upon multiple learning styles.
6. Participate in performance evaluations of clinical staff and provide ongoing support through mentorship and coaching.
7. Analyze practice and standards to identify gaps and design educational initiatives to improve care and implement evidence based practices.
8. Review assigned clinical / educational policies and procedures of the organization and revise as needed.
9. Provide advanced educational practicum courses for (but not limited to): suturing, incision & drainage, stapling, trigger-point injections, hyfrecator, pulmonary function tests, and other advance practice skill sets.
10. Complete special projects regarding education for providers and medical staff as needed to promote and maintain continuity of care.
The Education Coordinators will report to the Chief Clinical Officer.
Interested applicants please send resume by email to email@example.com or fax to 703-554-1110. Write “Nurse Educator” in the subject line of email and please include salary history & requirements.