CMOS Technology Development Platform Manager
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is seeking to fill the position of a CMOS Technology Development Platform Manager. This is a technical program leadership position within a Process R&D engineering team that is conducting advance technology development in GLOBALFOUNDRIES’ state of the art 300mm wafer fab (Fab8) in Malta, New York.
The primary responsibility of this position is to lead and coordinate the definition, planning, and execution of advanced CMOS technology development programs in Fab8 to meet GLOBALFOUNDRIES’ technology roadmap requirements.
- The platform manager will also be expected to drive activities outside of the technology development group (across design enablement, reliability, customer engineering, testsite, packaging, and design groups) as needed to accomplish the project goals.
- The platform manager will interface with external customers as necessary to understand project requirements and represent the program status.
- The platform manager will provide direction to program managers responsible for either integrated project planning or program management of variants of the platform technology under development.
- The technology platform manager will be responsible for the development and execution of an integrated project schedule for new technology node development with appropriate intermediate milestones and checkpoints to drive project execution to schedule.
- The role will require continuous problem solving to address issues and break constraints and/or escalate to management as necessary.
- The platform manager will own the Definition of Requirements and Statement or Work to ensure scope containment and official requests to change the scope of the program when new requirements are presented.
- The platform manager will coordinate overall activities from technology development program definition through successful technology qualification and release into production.
- B.S. Degree (M.S. or Ph.D. strongly preferred) in Electrical Engineering, Solid State Physics or other relevant engineering or physical science discipline is required;
- Minimum of 10 years of technical experience in CMOS technology development
- Minimum of 6 years experience as a project leader, project manager or program manager leading the definition and development of advanced CMOS technology development
- Experience working with expert teams in defining layout rules (ground rules), enablement (PDK), SPICE modeling, and qualification methodologies for a CMOS technology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with different cultures and across organizations (cross-functional proficiency).
- M.S. or Ph.D. strongly preferred
- Experience working with design customers
- Demonstrated skill in one of the recognized program management tools, such as MS Project or Primavera.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the world's first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global manufacturing and technology footprint. Launched in March 2009 through a partnership between AMD [NYSE: AMD] and the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC), GLOBALFOUNDRIES provides a unique combination of advanced technology, manufacturing excellence and global operations. With the integration of Chartered in January 2010, GLOBALFOUNDRIES significantly expanded its capacity and ability to provide best-in-class foundry services from mainstream to the leading edge.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is headquartered in Silicon Valley with manufacturing operations in Singapore, Dresden, and a new leading-edge fab under construction in Saratoga County, New York. These sites are supported by a global network of R&D, design enablement, and customer support in Singapore, China, Taiwan, Japan, the United States, Germany, and the United Kingdom.