Western is one of the nation’s leading credit unions with over $1.9 billion in assets and 160,000 members nationwide. We service a large number of sponsor companies in a diverse group of industries such as information technology, automotive, airline, retail, service, manufacturing, and aerospace. With strong assets and conservative practices, Western continues to have a stable presence in the credit union industry.
Western is looking for talented, energetic, service-oriented people to join our team!
- Great at building new relationships?
- Interested in a long-term career?
- Goal oriented?
…Then Western is Looking for You!
Western is seeking a Business Banker to:
- Analyze all aspects of credit risk transactions (including corporate loan facilities, working capital lines, securities and trading lines, derivative exposures etc.) for new and existing clients to develop, negotiate and deliver appropriate transaction, documentation and loan structures on behalf of the credit union.
- Strong contribution to credit analysis, deal structuring, regulatory, compliance and policy adherence, underwriting, documentation and deal close processes.
- Identify, engage, and diligently on-board, new clients/members within the business’ defined markets, jointly contributing to the profitability of the commercial banking business and enhancing commercial banking relationships generally.
- Proactively assess client/member needs and propose solutions to deliver what matters to clients/members.
- Develop new client/member relationships through business development activities leveraging referral sources and existing clients/members.
- Actively monitor and manage the relationship with a client by fully understanding their goals, objectives and status of the clients/members’ business.
- 3 years of previous commercial banking experience
- Solid understanding of financial statements and accounting principles including valuation techniques and cash flow analysis
- Experience managing the credit quality of a portfolio of commercial banking clients/members that have credit needs
- Excellent relationship management skills together with well-developed business development skills
- Proven experience in cross selling products and meeting aggressive sales goals
- Excellence in oral and written communication with proven strength for personal engagement
- Self-starter with clear results orientation and a capacity to operate independently, appropriately balancing short, medium and long term objectives
- Flexibility to coordinate and manage multiple transactions and processes at the same time ensuring delivery against deadlines, client/member expectations and business priorities
- Well-developed profile in the local business community in order to leverage that profile into effective working relationships with new and existing clients/members and internal partners
- High school diploma or equivalent
Excellent Benefits Package Includes:
Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance effective on your date of hire
Paid vacation, sick, and personal time as well as Holidays (up to a total of 30 days your first year!)
401k Plan with 50% employer match
Defined Pension Plan fully funded by Western
Employee Assistance Program
Tuition reimbursement that covers 100% of tuition and books for approved programs
Credit Union membership for you and your family
Western is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. For more information on Western, visit us at www.western.org
Division/Department : Branch Operations
Skills : Banking/Financial -> Commercial Banking, Business & Product Development