Get new similar jobs by email for
Senior Financial Analyst
The Los Angeles News Group (LANG) consists of nine newspapers published throughout Southern California serving nearly 1.5 million readers a day and websites reaching more than 5.1 million unique visitors a month. As local news leaders, each LANG newspaper and website has a long history of editorial and advertising excellence in the communities it serves.
The Los Angeles News Group (www.langnews.com) is owned by the Denver based MediaNews Group (www.medianewsgroup.com). MediaNews Group is managed jointly with Journal Register Company by Digital First Media (DFM), headquartered in New York City. DFM reaches 57 million Americans each month through more than 800 multi-platform products across 18 states.
As a Senior Financial Analyst you will have an active role in the monthly reporting and analysis, ad hoc reporting, budgeting, forecasting and projections. Perform budgeting and accounting functions; conduct financial, statistical, and analytical studies; prepare and assist in the preparation of financial reports, and statements.
· Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and procedures
· Use and application of online accounting systems; standard software applications;
· Knowledge of principles and techniques of budget preparation, administration, statistical methods, technical writing, and related record keeping.
· Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or Economics preferred
· Experience in reporting, consolidation and financial analysis.
· Experience in publishing/advertising/marketing industry a plus
· Accounting/GAAP knowledge a plus
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel & Access)
· Preferred but not required knowledge of budgeting & reporting tools (Cognos/JDE/Mactive).
This position is located out of our Torrance office but travel occasional travel to our Woodland Hills office may be required.
The Los Angeles News Group is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan and more.
To apply for this position visit http://goo.gl/mi6FOa
View all our open positions at www.digitalfirstmedia.com/careers