Get new similar jobs by email for
Commodity Sourcing Specialist
While you are reading this, someone you know, perhaps a family member, a friend, or the friend of a friend is driving in the safety, efficiency and comfort of a Honda vehicle... and that Honda vehicle will contain a product that was made at one of the Keihin manufacturing facilities located in North America.
Keihin is the industry leader in providing high quality fuel delivery and engine management systems for multi-purpose and utility engines. Our range of products has a proven history of delivering the best combination of consistency, performance, and emissions capability. With manufacturing operations strategically located throughout North America and across the globe, Keihin has established a worldwide reputation as an industry leader in automotive engine components.
The purpose of this position is to create, maintain, and drive the KNA Purchasing strategy for assigned commodities. This position will identify and develop key suppliers capable of supporting company goals and/or product requirements in the areas of quality, cost, and delivery. This position is responsible for all aspects of supply base management and cost development.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Identification, pre-qualification and integration of key suppliers into the development phase.
· Annual Cost Down Planning, Strategy and Achievement.
· Perform all aspects of Supplier Management: Negotiate Commercial Terms & Supply Agreements, Verify supplier capacities, develop risk mitigation strategies.
· Propose and implement cost savings and VA/VE projects.
· Support KNA Manufacturing Plants in Supplier Relationship Management, MP Design Change, ERP System Utilization
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience and Skills)
· 4 year degree in Engineering, Business, Supply Chain Management (or commensurate work experience)
· Minimum of 3 years related work experience (in a manufacturing environment)
· Knowledge and experience sourcing engineering components and new program/new model development
· Requires up to 20% travel
· Intermediate level proficiency Windows, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Preferred Qualifications (Education, Experience and Skills)
· Advanced level proficiency Windows, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
WE DO NOT PROVIDE SPONSORSHIP
NO RECRUITERS...WE WILL NOT RESPOND TO UNSOLICITED CONTACT (PHONE OR E-MAIL) FROM RECRUITERS.