REPORTS TO DIRECTOR OF DESIGN AND COMMUNICATIONS DEPARTMENT
To Apply: Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
TREND (Delaware Valley Real Estate Information Network) is a Multiple Listing Service or MLS. We are an organization that provides the real estate community with products and services to facilitate the sale of properties and establish contractual offers of compensation. The term "MLS" also refers to the system that real estate professionals use to enter and access information.
TREND services about 28,000 real estate professionals in the Philadelphia region. Our MLS and Public Records systems offer customized and streamlined access to more than 56,000 active listings and over 5 million public records.
TREND employees design, develop, maintain, and support the MLS system, Public Records system and various other products and services. We provide timely news content, friendly 7-day a week live help, and knowledgeable account executives.
We continually strive to deliver high-quality, innovative, personal and fast service. We are able to accomplish these goals every day because:
· We have a deeply collaborative team process, where each member is encouraged to offer new solutions and ideas.
· We have a friendly, respectful, and creative environment that fosters enthusiasm and productivity.
· We seek and employ leaders who embody innovation, creative thinking, commitment to quality, good judgment, taking risks, and being accountable.
· We favor ability over experience.
· We rely on each employee to be a hands-on contributor. Every employee is considered valuable and necessary.
· Our employees, working together toward a common goal, can accomplish anything and generate quality results.
For more information, visit www.trendmls.com.
· Create and execute communication strategies for new products, features, policies or other initiatives:
o Read and analyze software specifications to identify appropriate audiences and craft promotions strategies.
o Work with product managers and senior management to identify, develop and approve the message and communications plans.
o Execute communications plans by writing all messages.
o Coordinate with other Design and Communications staff to deliver these messages through on-line, social media, e-mail, print and other channels.
o Present the plans to the Support and Account Executives groups and support them as the enhancement is released.
· Work collaboratively with the Support department to maintain our online knowledgebase, using the AuthorIt content management system:
o Read and analyze software specifications to identify content changes or additions.
o Write, revise and format content, which may include instructions, reference guides, checklists, tips, demos, and glossaries.
o Use AuthorIt to output the online knowledgebase and printed materials.
· Act as liaison between Design and Communications and the Support and Account Executives groups.
· Contribute news stories, signs, advertisements and other marketing materials.
· Support the Design and Communications department as a key player on the team.
· Excellent writing, with a focus conveying visions and broad concepts in a compelling, personal and real way.
· Proficient in writing content for various outlets, like social media and e-mail.
· Proficient in writing for today’s reader, who is really more of a “scanner.”
· Ability to understand, empathize with and tailor communications to different target demographic groups.
· High proficiency in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
· Experience with Adobe multi-media tools and web development (HTML, CSS).
· Desktop publishing and layout skills a plus, but not required. (Adobe Creative Suite)
· Experience creating video is a plus.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· High degree of ownership and accountability.
· Ability to interact with all levels of management.
· Ability to think creatively and strategically.
· Ability to think logically to analyze and solve problems.
· Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines.
· Ability to multi-task and work in a face-paced environment.
· Attention to detail.
· 5+ years creating and executing marketing strategies and writing marketing copy, preferably for a technology or real estate related company.
· Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing or a related subject.