Get new similar jobs by email for
Licensed Practical Nurse
Visiting Nurse Association of Boston
Position Title: Licensed Practical Nurse Dept: Operations
Reports To: Manager of Patient Services Grade: LPN Scale
Supervise: N/A Job Code: 947,948,949,991
Shift: Days, Evenings, Weekends, Per Visit, Per Diem
Purpose of Position: Provides nursing care to patients in their homes. Coordinates activities with primary care nurse, other agency staff, and community resources.
1. Assesses the health needs of patients under the supervision of the primary registered nurse. (35%) E
· Evaluates the impact of the home environment on the health and safety of patients.
· Acts as advocate.
· Establishes plan of care jointly with medical doctor, primary care nurse, patient, and family. Establishes joint goals and plans of care using Agency standards of care.
· Utilizes community and agency resources as needed.
2. Provides therapeutic care, education and further referrals as needed in order to maximize patient health and independence. (30%) E
· Integrates family health promotion and disease prevention into practice. (10%) E
3. Collaborates with Registered Nurse on all cases to ensure delivery of quality patient care.
· Collaborates with Registered Nurse in utilization of Homemaker/Home Health Aide to maximize care. (15%) E
4. Assures accurate and timely documentation of care per Agency standards. Assures correct fee source. Keeps abreast of all changes by attending team, full staff, mandatory and hoc meetings. (10%) E
5. Maintains licensure and OSHA, as well as annual competencies as required.
6. Practices excellent customer service skills in accordance with agency standards.
7. Performs other duties as assigned and complies with all policies and procedures of the Agency and other regulators. (5%)
· Attends departmental and committee meetings.
· Participates in activities that enhance self-competence and the agency’s performance
Educational/Professional Requirements: Licensed practical nurse in Massachusetts. Two years experience required.
1. Standing; 2. Walking; 3. Sitting; 4. Lifting (0-100lbs); 5. Carrying; 6. Pushing; 7. Pulling;
8. Climbing; 9. Balancing; 10. Stooping; 11. Kneeling; 12. Crouching; 14. Reaching; 15. Handling; 16. Fingering; 17. Feeling; 18. Talking; 19. Hearing; 20. Taste/Smell; 21. Near acuity; Far acuity;
23. Depth Perception; 25. Color vision; 26. Field of vision; 27. Coordination of eye / hand / foot controls.
(Department Head) (Date)
(Vice President) (Date)
(Vice President of Human Resources) (Date)