TransCore, a subsidiary of Roper Industries, Inc. (NYSE: ROP) is seeking a Contracts Manager to join our team in Nashville, Tennessee.
Job Summary: This position supports TransCore staff for proposals for public works construction contracts, negotiation of contracts, establishment of business relationships with vendors, customers and/or partners for successful implementation of projects and business operations, and ensuring compliance with contractual and commitments and legal requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs public works construction contract administration activities including support to preparation of proposals in response to requests for information, qualifications, and/or proposals. This duty requires detailed review of technical specifications, contract terms and language, and government and/or private procurement announcements and construction change orders.
- Performs solicitation of subcontractors and vendors who may provide work, professional services, and temporary labor to projects and facilities. This duty requires the review of complex construction, software, and technical specifications, contracts, and change orders to develop subcontract documents, scopes of work, cost and schedule documents in the negotiation and preparation of contract documents protective of company's interests
- Analyzes bids of solicited vendors and preliminary cost estimates
- Communicates with customers or prospective customers, and vendors regarding contractual agreements
- Comprehends and applies the terms and conditions of construction and service contracts and insurance policies governing such contracts
- Prepares standard project teaming agreements and nondisclosure agreements
- Reviews prime contract documents to identify and invoke necessary flow-down requirements to subcontractors.
- Supports proposal preparations including preparation of draft subcontract agreements with flow-downs, solicitation of MBE/WBE vendors and completing supporting documentation.
- Composes, prepares, and incorporates new language in contract documents based on individual contract requirements and special project conditions
- Performs compliance assessment with company contractual policies and requirements
- Prepares reports and correspondence and maintains contract files
- Operates personal computers and special s1oftware programs
- Interacts with Corporate and Outside Legal Counsel as required by the company delegation of authority and as directed by senior group management.
- Advises management of contractual rights and obligations and provides interpretation of terms and conditions.
- Aids project staff in developing and negotiating proposals and drafts required contract documentation to support Group’s strategic and operational objectives.
- Monitors contract progress and renewal or termination and drafts supporting correspondence and project documentation.
- Performs related duties as may be required
Education: Bachelor's degree in engineering or construction management from four-year college or university. A degree in business administration or a related field will be considered in lieu of an engineering or construction management degree if the applicant has demonstrated sufficient experience in Construction and Government Contract Administration to possess the required knowledge and abilities.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience performing contract management activities.
- Construction and government contract experience is a plus.
- J.D. from an accredited law school is a plus.