Lilly is the 10th largest pharmaceutical company in the world, and has been creating medicines that help improve peoples' quality of life for more than 135 years. Across the globe, we are a leader in investing in research and development and we also invest in our employees – in competitive salaries, training and development, and health.
The pharmaceutical industry is a complex, rapidly changing environment and we are looking for highly capable leaders to help us continue bringing innovation to patients.
If you are interested in being considered for employment at Lilly, we encourage you to review the following opportunity.
The Technical Services Associate Consultant is part of the Bioprocess Research & Development (BR&D) organization and is responsible for technical and logistical projects supporting Clinical Supply ( CS)-Mode operations in the B360 pilot plant. A key component of B360 pilot plant support includes technical and improvement projects related to materials used and created in operations. The Associate Consultant will oversee financials as they relate to consumables, materials, and shipping. Additionally, the Associate Consultant may work on related projects across BRD and the large molecule network (includes Kinsale and Imclone).
- Provide inventory and financial oversight and support for consumable materials, raw materials, and final API.
- This includes maintenance of the material planners as well as the bill of materials templates.
- Oversee the shipping of API and forecasting/storage capacity of API Perform reviews of raw material specifications
- Partner with PCD3 Materials, Materials Quality, and Analytical to maintain the portfolio of raw materials used to support the large molecule portfolio
- Participate in the completion of raw material risk assessments
- Work with Technical Service representatives to address supplier notifications related to raw materials and consumables
- Create purchase orders for consumable materials and approve the associated invoices
- Author and execute change controls as needed
- Author and investigate events using root cause analysis as needed
- Utilize six sigma to improve processes and reduce cost where appropriate
- Maintain relationships with Fisher/Unity Lab Services, Procurement and LRL Supply Chain group to ensure contracted services are meeting business needs
- Participate in Large Molecule Network Raw Material discussions as well as improvement or harmonization efforts driven by the team Maintain collaboration site for Large Molecule Network Raw Material Team Support Technology
- Transfer of projects with Development and commercial sites
- Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering preferably in one of the following fields of study: biochemistry, chemistry, or chemical engineering.
- 1+ years of experience within the pharma/biotech industry working with raw materials at any point in the process.
- Qualified candidate must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this position.
- Master’s degree in a scientific or business related field
- Demonstrated ability to lead through influence
- Six Sigma green belt or black belt certification
- Knowledge of BRD operations and large molecule network structure
- Strong background working in a cGMP environment.
- Track wise experience as well as Root Cause Analysis (RCA) training
- Technical knowledge of large molecule raw materials and consumable supply items
- Microsoft Excel / JMP for data analysis
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership skills to supervise direct reports as well as to create support for initiatives and guide projects through to completion.
- Ability to manage and complete multiple projects and tasks concurrently.
- Analytical problem solving skills
- Ability to identify and implement operational and organizational improvements
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Project, and PowerPoint software
Work environment is an administrative office setting. 8 hour day shift; some flexibility is required to accommodate business needs.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.