Get new similar jobs by email for
Consumer Loan Officer
Join Us In Our Success!
Are you looking for a new customer service opportunity in Community Banking while further advancing your career? Marine Credit Union Enterprise invites you to consider joining our progressive full service financial institution during this exciting time for our organization! We are a full service Credit Union enterprise offering financial, insurance, and lending services for our members. Based in beautiful La Crosse, Wisconsin, Marine Credit Union offers a full range of financial services through its Community Banking and Wealth Management divisions, Insurance Services to members and the general public via Marine Insurance Services, and lending services to other Credit Unions via our Consumer Loan Services subsidiary. A stable and thriving institution, Marine Credit Union Enterprise has the resources and experience to help you further develop your career.We are currently seeking a Consumer Loan Officer who possess a high level of professionalism and experience in customer service and sales at our Waupun, WI branch
Consumer Loan Officer:
Provide information on credit union products and services to members according to all credit union policies and procedures and Federal and State rules and regulations. Prepare, analyze, process, and document all required forms and related documentation for consumer loan products. Approve or deny loan applications within prescribed parameters. Promote credit union products and services.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
· Interview consumer loan applicants and provide information on consumer loan products that best meet the member’s needs. Request and review all required information and documentation to secure a loan.
· Assist member in completing loan applications over the phone and/or electronically.
· Obtain and evaluate credit reports.
· Calculate debt-to-income ratios on consumer loan applicants.
· Make outbound calls to members and the public to solicit loan applications.
· Determine collateral needs and payment plans for members applying for routine loans.
· Notify applicant of loan decision. Correspond with members, applicants, and creditors to resolve questions regarding application information.
· Recommend and outline terms of loan. Inform prospective borrowers of loan commitments.
· Develop and maintain interest rate structure that is consistent with credit union policies and is competitive with current market.
· Review regulations as they apply to installment loan security agreements.
· Assist members with making payment arrangements on loans.
· Manage delinquent account files for the credit union.
· Provide exceptional member service to our members.
· Abide by all applicable policies, procedures, and regulations.
· Work proactively to build relationships necessary to meet set goals for the position.
· Effectively assist members and the public through the loan application and approval process, educating them about loan issues as needed.
· Effectively prepare loan documentation for processing, ensuring it is complete and accurate.
· Assist in managing risk through diligence in the information gathering process.
· Provide timely, service-oriented feedback to applicants regarding the status of their loans.
· Help manage delinquency of assigned loan files.
· Perform assigned loan prospect and delinquency calls to assist in meeting goals for the position.
At Marine Credit Union we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset. That is why we are committed to a comprehensive employee benefit program that helps our employees and their families stay healthy, feel secure, and maintain a work/life balance. Our current benefits include:
Marine Credit Union also believes in internal promotions. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow within an organization and earn the rewards you believe you deserve, contact us to get started on not just a job but a career.