Get new similar jobs by email for
Controls Engineer - Establishe...
Purpose and Scope: To create, design, test and document machine control panels systems in accordance with product specifications and quality standards. This position works closely with sales, manufacturing, assembly and customer support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
Job Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
1. Provide hardware and software design for controls panel system.
2. Design and specify necessary components for machine control system.
3. Develop necessary software (PLC, HMI, etc.) for specified machine operation.
4. Documents all software and hardware utilized.
5. Confer with electrical designer, electrical technician, mechanical assembly technicians, outside contractors and vendors project specifications and procedures.
6. Provide machine-specific changes to control systems.
7. Modify and/or upgrade existing control system as specified by customer.
8. Assist in the development of all project-related documentation, schedules, BOM’s, and cost estimates.
9. Execute and coordinate projects utilizing primarily PLC, HMI, drive and motion control hardware and software.
10. Participates in project teams and all activities related to the development of new products.
11. Provides technical support to sales for bids and proposals.
12. Perform engineering analysis and establish test plans to demonstrate product designs meet performance and safety requirements.
20. Provide technical support and direction to electrical detailer, electrical technician, assembly technicians and control engineers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
· Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
· Knowledge of manufacturing processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
· Knowledge of software including but not limited to AutoCAD and Microsoft Office products.
· Knowledge of multiple HMI/ PLC hardware and software platforms.
· Advanced computer skills including multiple operating systems, PC maintenance, troubleshooting.
· Knowledge of regulatory standards such as CE, UL, ISO, OSHA, FDA (including CFR 21, part 11), CSA, and cGMP as they apply to pharmaceutical packaging equipment.
Education and Experience:
· GED / High School Diploma.
· BS degree preferred.
· 5-8 years’ experience developing software for HMI’s and PLC’s