Coordinator, College and Career Readiness Programs
Closing Date July 31, 2014
The Springfield City School District is seeking a Coordinator of College and Career Readiness Programs. We are a district on the move! We're moving forward to improve academic achievement of all our students, and we appreciate your interest. This is an opportunity to join an innovative urban school district dedicated to prepare all students for 21st Century success. We serve approximately 8,000 students and have invested in new technology and many tools for our teachers and other staff.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Bachelor's Degree in business, administration, human resources or related field
- Minimum of four years in business development, planning, communications, human resources or related field, with specific experience in higher education administration, 7-12 administration, establishing internships, hiring employees
- (A combination of education and experience demonstrating the ability to meet requirements of the job may be substituted)
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to recognize, analyze and manage challenges and develop plans of action to timely address issues
- Technology skills including some experience with social media
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Organize and conduct meetings with college and career partners
- Work with District staff and the Communications Department to promote College and Career Readiness programs
- Facilitate Internship process with businesses and individual students
- Identify potential funding partners or grant opportunities to support this program and professional development
- Maintain a liaison with community organizations interested in educational affairs
- Other specific job-related duties as directed
- Frequent travel throughout the city and surrounding areas.
- Sitting and or standing for up to eight (8) hours per day
- Fine motor skills required to use pincher grasp and type
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Salary details available online at www.spr.k12.oh.us (SASO/SAST agreement).
Benefit information is available online at SCSDHere.com
MUST APPLY THROUGH OUR ONLINE SYSTEM ONLY