Get new similar jobs by email for
Medical Director Assistant
The company is a public and private cord blood bank operating in California which specializes in stem cell technology such as transplantation therapy, diagnostics, research and development. The company is seeking a Medical Director Assistantto help oversee public collection hospitals. Position requires occasional commuting to hospitals in Los Angeles, Long Beach and rarely to San Diego. Medical Director Assistantwill help with all tasks necessary to maintain Collections Program, including, but not limited to writing Procedures, paperwork, Donor Eligibility Screening, maintaining communication with hospital sites and managing employees.
Core Responsibilities (not all inclusive):
Medical Director Assistantwill help with all tasks necessary to maintain Collections Program, including, but not limited to writing Procedures, Donor Eligibility screening, maintaining communication between hospital sites, and managing employees. Applicant must have a working knowledge including but not limited to:
1) Medical terminology,
2) Documentation and labeling practices using current Good Manufacturing/Tissue Practices ( cGMT/P )
3) Knowledge of blood borne pathogen and exposure control practices, including universal precautions and the use of personal protective equipment.
4) Blood banking experience and/or donor eligibility helpful.
* Prefer B.S. in Sciences, preferably Biology or experience in medical field
* Requires occasional commuting between hospitals
* Outgoing and well spoken
* Hardworking and self-motivated
* Must have the ability to competently use a computer including internet based software and email software
* Must have the ability to establish and maintain a courteous and cooperative working relationship with co-workers, medical staff at hospital collection sites, and must work as part of a team
* Must demonstrate management skills