Get new similar jobs by email for
Cord Blood Donor Eligibility S...
The company is a public and private cord blood bank operating in California which specializes in stem cell technology such as transplantation therapy, diagnostics, research and development. The company, is seeking a Cord Blood Donor Eligibility Screener.
Core Responsibilities (not all inclusive):
Under the supervision of the Collections Manager and Donor Eligibility Specialist Nurse, the Donor Eligibility Screener will perform various tasks related to evaluating Donor Demographic Forms, Maternal Risk and Family History Questionnaires. Applicant will also be responsible for reviewing and completing documents using accurate and thorough documentation. Applicants must have working knowledge:
1) Medical terminology
2) Documentation and labeling practices using current Good Manufacturing/Tissue Practices ( cGMT/P )
* High School graduate or equivalent
* California Certified Medical Assistant or Licensed Vocational Nurse with current valid license required
* Prefer phlebotomy or venipuncture experience, preferably in blood bank collections
* Detailed oriented and extremely accurate
* Able to multitask
* Organizational skills
* Must be proficient in Word and Excel
* Must have the ability to establish and maintain a courteous and cooperative working relationship with co-workers, customers, and medical staff
* Must work as part of a team