Department: Customer Service Agent for Domestic Freight
Location: Kapolei Hawaii United States
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Travel Required: No Selection
As a cargo agent, you would arrange and track incoming or outgoing shipments on a day to day basis via air, rail, road and sea. You will work to speed up shipments by researching routes to be taken and preparing all necessary documentation. You will also be involved in taking orders from customers and arranging freight pickup and delivery to desired destinations. As a Cargo and freight agent, you will also keep careful records of cargo, and document any missing or damaged items.
To serve as a point of contact for the customer and documentation processing staff, ensuring operational excellence, high productivity and customer satisfaction.
- Receive and track shipments as requested
- Retrieve shipment details from shipping platforms
- Issue shipment handling instructions
- Answer all customer inquiries in accordance with the Customer Service Policy standards
- Further increase customer satisfaction and business share through proactive and regular contact.
- Establish customer communication preference, i.e., phone, e-mail, fax, visit
- Communicate with and ensure release of the freight from ocean/air carriers.
- Notify customer / broker of arrival and charges
- Provide accurate job costing
- Handle and manage all customer contact at file level regarding exceptions
- Serve as a liaison between operations and customer regarding all shipment details
- Assist Sales in compiling quotes by providing rates, tariffs, etc.
- Work with Sales on account implementation, ensuring a smooth transition from Sales to Operations.
- Other duties as requested.
- Excellent knowledge of freight forwarding and regulatory requirements with proven track record of in industry Import)
- Function- / Market & Industry Knowledge / Business Acumen / Process working
- Functional know-how in air / ocean / domestic
- Understanding of our strategy and products
- Knowledge about markets & competitors, about trends & challenges for our industry
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with Internal and External Customers
- Knowledge of all our products and pricing
- Good judgment skills and ability to make decisions
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- High result orientation and customer focus and customer minded
- Ability to solve problems quickly and completely - think in solutions.
- Team driven and good motivator
- Able to empathize with client and represent client’s needs effectively to project team and management
- Flexible and able to work under pressure
- Good communication skills (open and confidential communication style)
- Strong decision-making capabilities and high accountability
- Organizational skills (prioritize, plan, assign, control)
- Act as a role model for Corporate Values and fully adheres to the Code of Conduct
- MS office skills
- Local Candidates only (No relocation assistance is provided.)
Specifics for Job / Environment
- Work location is Kapolei Hawaii
- Professional, Business casual attire.