Get new similar jobs by email for
Customer Service Associate
Title: Customer ServiceAssociate
Reports to: Store Leader
Position Description Summary:
As a Customer Service Associate, customer service is our number one priority. Our Associates are not just cashiers. Our Associates represent the Royal Farms brand and are required to do the following. Customer Service Associates are scheduled a maximum of 25 hours per week. Days of the week and times of day will vary based on the need of your location:
1. Smile, make eye contact, and provide an enthusiastic greeting to all customers upon entering the store.
2. Get to know your customers by name and use their name when they return.
3. Go out of your way to make customers feel important and valued. Give 100% attention to customers.
4. Move quickly to provide fast service.
5. Point out promotions and offer suggestions.
6. Thank customers for their business and invite them back.
Without our customers we would not be in business and we would not have a job. It’s imperative that they receive 100% of our attention and we show appreciation for their business.
Additional Responsibilities Include: (to be completed in between customers)
Cleaning & Housekeeping: Inside
Restrooms: Floor, toilet, sink, mirror, walls, and ceiling clean and odor free. Soap, towels and toilet paper stocked
Trash Cans: Emptied, clean and bags tucked out of site
Doors & Windows
Floors: Sweep and mop, free of trash, spills, and stains
Coolers: Doors and shelves cleaned free of stains and spills
Rugs: Swept and free of trash
Transaction Counter: Clean and organized
Shelves: Clean and dust free
Fast food area: Equipment and prep area clean and organized
Back office and cooler neat and organized
Coffee and Fountain Area: Clean, free of spills and trash
Merchandise: Clean and dust free
Cleaning & Housekeeping: Outside
Parking Lot: Swept and free of trash, oil, gas spots, cigarette butts, and weeds
Windows & Doors: Clean, no faded or unauthorized signs
Entrance Sidewalk: Clean, stain and trash free
Trash Cans: Clean, not overflowing, and bags tucked
Fuel Islands: Dispensers and nozzles clean
Squeegies & towels on all islands, windshield buckets full
Car Wash: Sweep inside
Stock, front, and face all merchandise
All merchandised priced
Cooler fronted and labels faced
Stock fountain, cooler, and freezer
No out of date merchandise
Move and build displays.
Sales Counter: Proper Cig. display, products priced
Stock lottery supplies and cigarettes
Control inventory and protects company assets.
Notify store leader to prevent
“out of stock” items.
Proper cash, credit card, and check accountability at end of shift
Basic math computation to count back change
Adhere to policies on age restricted product sales
Inventory Control: observe and react to shoplifters and gas theft
Check in vendors, and gas deliveries
Ability to operate POS, lottery, phone card and money order machines
Attend store meetings
Assists managers to recruit new employees.
In addition to being able to perform the job duties outlined on page one, below are important expectations while working on our team.
· People oriented, friendly, enthusiastic, smiles
· Provides upward feedback to management
· Respectful and polite
· Able to work alone and on a team
· Demonstrate a sense of urgency (moves fast)
· Able to stay busy between customers
· Willing to learn
· Willing to help associates and customers
· Communicates effectively with Store Leader, team members, vendors, and customers
· Multi-Task: able to successfully complete multiple tasks independently
· Dependable & punctual – consistently reports to work on time
· Identifies problems and resolves issues quickly and effectively
Professional Image: We are in the restaurant business; therefore it’s imperative that we project the highest standards of cleanliness at the store level and personal level. Our professional image standards include:
· Proper clean uniform and name tag at all times
· Only one small stud earrings
· Proper hygiene: showered, clean shaved, neat and clean hair, no body odor, clean uniform, fresh breath, clean finger nails
· No visible tattoos
· No face or body piercings
· No cell phone for calls or texting permitted while on duty, only emergency calls from family or friends can be placed to or from store phone only
· No gossiping or profanity
Position Requirements: Ability, Education, and/or Related Work History
· Must be in physically good shape and able to lift bend and stand up to eight hours.
· Must be able to balance on step stool or stepladder.
· Must be able to work in a cooler at a temperature of 36 degrees for up to 30 minutes.
· Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs.
· Tolerate exposure to gasoline fumes and cleaning products.
· Visual acuity to check identification.
· Must be able to do basic math at the 8th grade level.
· High School diploma or GED preferred.
· Must be able to speak, read, and write English at 8th grade level and communicate with customers in English.