Customer Service Representative
Provident Bank is seeking an experienced, energetic sales professional for an opportunity in our Perth Amboy branch. Bi-lingual Spanish is required.
The CSR I is considered the less experienced level of Customer Service Representative job family. The incumbent has responsibilities of greeting customers, performing customer needs assessment, opening accounts, cross selling, developing relationships, and servicing accounts for general customers.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Promotes the customer as the primary focus in meeting sales goals:
- Meets customer sales referrals and cross-selling goals programs.
- Knows the features and benefits of all products and services to satisfy the needs of the customers.
- Participates in sales meetings and related sales events.
- Promotes bank products, refer or resolve customer inquiries concerning accounts or other banking services.
- Performs job in the most efficient and cost effective manner to meet expense targets.
- Promotes teamwork and cooperation to achieve branch goals.
- Assures quality of customer service and adherence to sales and brand standards.
- Represents the Bank in business development and community activities.
- Ensures compliance with policies and procedures and obtains necessary approvals and authorizations.
Exercises sound judgment within prescribed limits in accepting and processing loan applications. Performs duties as necessary: accepts and processes loan applications, researches error in deposits withdrawals, recording interest, opens and closes accounts, issues travelers checks.
Performs routine clerical duties for branch, including filing, answering the telephone, distributing mail and answering mail inquires for account balance verification.
Performs or assists in functions such as:
- Handles daily/monthly reporting
- Handles travelers' checks
- Maintains inventory and order supplies for the Branch
- Opens and/or closes Branch
- Assists with daily proof and provides second signature as required by tellers
- Maintains security tapes
- Assists with daily proof and stocking ATM
- Provides access to safe deposit boxes
- Assists in branch reporting
- Performs other duties as required
SKILLS AND TRAINING
Basic knowledge of keyboard and PC skills.
Knowledge of CSR operating methods and teller terminal.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide monetary units and to perform arithmetic operations with the use of a calculator.
Ability to understand and follow safety and security practices.
Ability to work a flexible hourly schedule as requested.
Strong relationship building and interpersonal abilities.
Confidence and initiative.
Orientation towards rules and organization.
Goal orientation and strong work ethic.
Courage and resiliency.
Results oriented and decisiveness.
High school diploma or GED
At least two years retail banking experience with one year as a customer service (new account) representative.
Work is mainly performed under general office conditions in a retail-banking establishment. Willing and able to work required overtime. Willing and able to travel to other locations/branches. Must be flexible and demonstrate the ability to adapt to new job locations and reassignments as directed.
Those present in a retail-banking establishment. In the course of working with customers, the employee may encounter abusive, aggressive or unpredicted threatening behavior. Must observe safety and security practices at the Branch.
This job description may not be all-inclusive. Employees are expected to perform other duties as assigned and directed by management. Job descriptions and duties may be modified when deemed appropriate by management.
Equal Opportunity Employer