VIP Transport is a leader in providing customer focused solutions to a wide range of transportation services including household goods relocation, corporate relocation and special products transportation. As a winner of Mayflower’s hauling award and numerous quality awards, VIP focuses on our expertise and long term relationships with our customers, while providing the most experienced, professional drivers and crews. VIP Transport also offers specialized services including climatic services and generator powered services to transport laboratories and freezers under power. Headquarted in Corona, CA our facility includes 160,000 of warehouse space.
VIP is seeking an Operations planner / Safety Manager
- Dedicated and well-focused individual with experience in safety, operations planning, and equipment maintenance.
- Extensive knowledge of equipment and the maintenance practices needed to achieve optimal fleet utilization.
- Develops budgets for department and manages costs to ensure compliance to budget guidelines while continuously driving strategic goals for fleet improvement in both safety and productivity.
- Manages equipment, procurement, and financing ensuring all equipment delivered on spec, on time, and on budget.
- Evaluates new and existing technologies and maintenance practices to enhance safety and performance of equipment.
- Manage system for tracking productivity, hours, overtime, out of service, equipment audits or PM procedures, and quality/quantity of PM's completed.
- Five years or more of fleet maintenance, transportation, and safety experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Logistics, Transportation or related field is preferred, but not required
- Must have strong communication (written and verbal), management, organizational, interpersonal, problem resolution, and customer service skills
- Expert knowledge of household goods operations including DOT regulations is needed
- Knowledge of Canadian border customers and regulations needed
- Must be a self starter with exceptional verbal communication skills with the ability to manage and interact effectively with all levels of personnel in a fast environment
- Must have computer proficiency, including MS Office, and fast typing skills
VIP offers a competitive compensation and full-featured benefit package including health/life insurance, 401(k).
Drug testing is a condition of employment.