Customer Support Engineer –Washington, DC.
Cogent Communications is a multinational, Tier 1 facilities-based ISP, consistently ranked as one of the top five networks in the world and is publicly traded on the NASDAQ Stock Market under the ticker symbol CCOI. Cogent specializes in providing businesses with high speed Internet access and point-to-point transport services. Cogent's facilities-based, all-optical IP network backbone provides IP services in over 180 markets globally. Since its inception, Cogent has unleashed the benefits of IP technology, building one of the largest and highest capacity IP networks in the world. This network enables Cogent to offer large bandwidth connections at highly competitive prices. Cogent also offers superior customer support by virtue of its end-to-end control of service delivery and network monitoring. Cogent offers competitive compensation and a full benefits package that takes effect within 30 days of employment.
Matching 401k and stock options are also included.
The Customer Support Engineer interacts with Cogent customers via phone and e-mail to resolve their service issues and respond to their technical requests in order achieve high customer satisfaction and meet Cogent’s Service Level Agreement’s (SLA). The position requires an individual who is self motivated and is able to work in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Provide customer and technical phone support for all layer 1, 2 and 3 services provided by Cogent.
- Manage a ticket queue on a daily basis, processing a varying amount of tickets per day depending on workload.
- Manage and maintain documentation in a Remedy ticketing system of all troubleshooting for incidents/request from a customer including a description of the actions taken for their resolution.
- Coordinate effectively with all members of the Customer support team, other Cogent teams as well as vendors in order to ensure swift resolution of customer issues.
- Ability to handle clients professionally during all interactions
- Perform other duties or special projects as assigned
- Handle customer escalations
- The ideal candidate must possess a B.S. degree in Computer Science or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications/training, or work experience
- Cisco equipment experience and certifications (CCNA) will be highly valued.
- Strong technical knowledge in the area of networking (TCP/IP), IP protocols (BGP, IGP, OSPF, IS-IS, MPLS...), IP addressing, DNS's and IP-VPN's
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability and desire to provide excellent customer service to Cogent Customers
- Must excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where critical thinking and strong problem solving skills are required for success
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Reliable employment history with strong attendance and punctuality records
- Availability to work on a shift including one Weekend day. (Flexibility a MUST)
Cogent Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.