Get new similar jobs by email for
Customer Technical Support
Sinclair is the worldwide leader in hi-speed produce labeling; its reach spans the globe with a majority share of the world’s commercially labeled fruit and vegetables. Our goal is to recruit, hire and develop a diverse workforce of employees who are highly skilled and enthusiastic achievers to meet the challenges of the future.
The role will be accountable to the Global Vice President of Service with limited supervision. Incumbent will provide technical support to the sales and marketing function, Sinclair agents, and customers in line with world class performance standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Developing a complete understanding of all customer related equipment requirements.
· Translation of Equipment Requirements to enable a suitable linkage between Engineering and Marketing functions.
· Development and provision of Technical Sales support to Marketing functions and Agents Sales Representatives.
· Training Sales, Marketing, Agents and customers on the features of Sinclair equipment.
· Advise agents of equipment and assembly enhancements to promote efficient integration of Sinclair equipment.
· Visit potential customers as directed, world-wide to ensure that labelling systems are specified correctly.
· Collect suitable information to enable preparation of line layouts for submission to the Agent/Customer until a satisfactory solution is concluded.
· Assist all Agents as required in the ordering of new labelling systems.
· Visit pack-house/customers as directed, to determine a mutually satisfactory labelling solution to label difficult to label products.
· Follow through on Installed Machine Reports and investigate success of installation. Analyze performance and use this data to develop continuous improvement activity.
· Establish and maintain a “Case Study” file advising typical installation layouts for the various product types.
· Investigate and develop labelling improvements and work with Engineering and Production to implement those changes.
· Participation in product/component trials.
· Participation in development of User Requirement Specifications and Equipment Performance Specifications.
· Participate in the “Market Management Group” approach to supporting the various regions around the world.
· Provide the leading coordination function for specific agent support and liaison as directed by the Global Vice President of Service.
· Liaison with third party equipment manufacturers to ensure correct integration of Sinclair equipment.
· Undertaking audits of installed equipment and Field Service effectiveness.
· Travel a minimum of 50% domestic and international.
· Other duties as needed.
• Bachelor's degree in a Technical, QA or Agricultural discipline or an equivalent combination of work and experience.
• Experience with CAD and/or PCB design and development tools on desktop computers.
• Problem analysis and problem resolution.
• Two to three years’ experience in report development.
• Demonstrated experience with translating business requirements into data analysis and reporting solutions.
• Ability to adapt quickly in a rapidly changing environment while working closely with users and lead cross-functional teams.
• Background with manufacturing methods, process improvement programs and procedures preferred.
• Advanced Computer skills. Familiarity with electronic spreadsheets and word processors such as Excel, Lotus, Word, etc.
• Excellent organizational, trouble shooting and time management skills.
• Ability to work within a team environment and with external partners.
• Must be self-motivated and able to achieve high impact in an unstructured environment.
• Domestic and International travel required.
We believe that work should be rewarding as well as challenging. That's why the company offers the best of both worlds - the growth potential of a company with a developing technology that is unique in its field, and a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401K profit sharing, and a generous vacation package.
Because Sinclair believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct pre-employment physical & drug screening and background checks in our recruitment/hiring processes.
Sinclair is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability or any other legally protected status.
To be considered for this career opportunity, please submit your resume and salary requirements to: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=4634511