As a Data Center Operations Application Administrator, your administrative insight and knowledge in application management and development will be put to test on a daily basis while delivering solutions for our global teams. If you are up for challenges, are self-motivated, and willing to learn how Data Centers operate, this administrative position is a right fit!
We are looking for an Application Administrator with strong passion and commitment to design and administer Data Center solutions and to improve operational efficiency. Our main focus is to deliver Data Center application and development framework and standards. Your role will involve working with multiple Data Center Managers, and our internal Product Development, Product Management, and Product Engineering teams to review, oversee, and maintain Data Center application and development process and implementation. Experience in several programming concept and terminologies will provide necessary knowledge for your success and career progression. We are also seeking a candidate with ability to administer, and participate in application lifecycle and be willing to contribute to development opportunities such as workflow and automation design. You success will be based on exceptional administration of developmental projects, processes, and overall contribution.
This position requires a willingness to dream big and measure yourself against the best. Not just technologically, but in all that you do. Be prepared for a career that doesn’t feel like work – no matter how long and hard you are actually working.
What we will count on you for:
- Provide support coverage to local Data Center staff on an as-needed basis.
- Contribute to workflow and automation design, documentation and administration.
- Implement application and development framework, process, and standards.
- Gather requirements to establish responsibility assignment matrix (RACI) and define application ownership.
- Provide subject matter expertise in application lifecycle while participating in collaborative discussions with Product Development, Product Management and Product Engineering teams.
- Analyze, recommend and oversee automation improvements and/or fixes to maintain operational consistency across multiple 24x7 global teams.
- Work closely with Data Center Managers, Development teams and Product Engineer to improve provisioning process and contribute to operational tools to enhance efficiency.
- Manage and administer Data Center development change and release management.
- Demonstrate general understanding of agile software development.
- Contribute to the design, implementation, and administration of Data Center web applications based on SharePoint or third-party web application platforms.
- Assist with the creation of data models for business intelligence reports.
- Act as a liaison between Data Center Operations and external departments and teams.
What you will bring to the team:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 to 5 years of experience in a technical or development role.
- Excellent organizational, communication, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Display strong project management and interpersonal skills.
- Strong understanding of ITIL framework.
- General programming experience and understanding of programming concepts and terminology.
- Advanced understanding of SharePoint or third-party web application development.
- General knowledge in Active Directory and LDAP.
- Strong understanding of web and network standards and protocols such as OSI, TCP/IP, UDP, SMTP, HTTP, XML, and DNS.
- Manage and participate in workflow and/or automation discussions, design, and support.
- Familiarity with enterprise analysis tools such as Actuate BIRT and intermediate understanding of SQL queries.
- Relevant technical work experience with Linux and/or Windows system administration.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively.
- Ability to step into Data Center Administrative role as needed and dictated by operational business requirements.
- Take an innovative approach in designing new methods, policies, and procedures to increase Data Center efficiency, and improve quality control.
About being a Peer
We don't make the Internet work better by simply relying on our world-class datacenters and network spanning North America and the UK. Our people are the difference makers and game changers. Technology doesn't bring about change. It's the people who bring about the technology and make it work. They set us apart from the other companies out there, so we're deliberate about creating an environment where every person grows and thrives. Our values guide our decisions. Our leaders guide our people. Our people shape and sustain our culture. And, logically, our culture drives our success.
To apply for this position, please submit your application by going to this link directly: https://hire.jobvite.com/j?aj=osyUYfwC&s=Monster.CA