Responsible for collecting pricing information weekly, monthly, and/or quarterly at the retail level, in assigned stores in their general area, while meeting collection and transmission deadlines. Must be available to work 20-25 hours per week Sunday-Thursday, as well as travel within a 60 mile radius.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Uses handheld data collection devices to record product unique codes, accurately enter unique price(s), and appropriate attributes based on individual client collection criteria.
- Downloads lists(s) required for collection based on the type of data collection equipment and audit type.
- Transmits data collected on day of collection, with accurate work date, store time and drive time.
- Utilizes web-based Field Portal to check work schedule and verify successful transmission(s).
- Responsible for notifying the District Manger immediately with any error transmission information.
- Responsible for responding to calls and/or emails from District manager and other company personnel in a timely manner as defined by the particular situation.
- Completes all work assigned by District Manager or Logistics Manager or other company management.
- Responsible for notifying the District Manager immediately when a deadline will be missed.
- Responsible for immediately returning to the company any broken and/or replaced equipment.
- Responsible for assisting on any job assigned, including but not limited to: Undirected Category checks and full books, Directed Item Lists, Lapel Checks (Undirected and Directed), CPG and PSV checks.
- Responsible for the timely taking and passing of the Data Collector Certification Test(s) in order to be eligible for continued employment and bonuses.
- Other duties as assigned.
TRAVEL TEAM RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Travel Team members must be able to travel on short notice.
2. Travel Team members must be able to travel by plane, train or car.
3. Travel Team members must complete all regular work within the regular market at the beginning of the collection window to allow the flexibility needed to travel.
4. Travel Team members must be willing to be trained on and complete all job types, including Lapel.
5. Travel Team members are expected to accept travel assignments when requested (with very rare exceptions).
5. Travel Team members must be willing to train new data collectors and conduct re-audits.
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma; and
- Minimum of 1 year of retail or merchandising experience; or
- Equivalent combination of education an experience.
- ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be available to work 20-25 hours per week Sunday-Thursday, as well as travel within a 60 mile radius.
- Required to meet performance expectations of at least 95% for on-time completion, 95% accuracy rate for both transmissions and sku/price and successful data collector re-audits at least twice a year with a minimum threshold of 80% to remain in good standing.
- Must maintain a Collection Rate Index at or above 90% at all times to stay in good standing.
- Must have the ability to transmit via wireless network using company-provided equipment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and submit to annual motor vehicle record checks.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have auto insurance and periodically produce evidence of such.
- Must be willing to perform all assignments, including Lapel Checks (defined as “undercover” and working in stores discreetly).
- Must be willing to travel between store locations and cover a minimum 60-mile radius from home location, as needed.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently with very little supervision.
- Ability to multi-task with excellent time management and organizational skills
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Must be flexible and quick to adapt to changes.
- Must have strong communication skills and excellent follow-up skills.
- Must maintain a professional demeanor at all times when representing the company.
- Ability to travel overnight, if required, a plus
- 10-key experience a plus.
- EXTENT OF PUBLIC CONTACT:
- Daily personal contact with retail store personnel.
- WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to read, bend, kneel, reach, stretch, squat and have the ability to move heavy items to access Universal Product Code numbers while standing on your feet for long period of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to use data collection equipment.
- May be exposed to extremely cold temperatures for extended periods of time.
See Job Description