Information Technology careers at UnitedHealth Group. Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. We’re using mobile apps, game technology, the cloud and next-generation security to help millions live healthier lives. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There’s no room for error. This is high performance IT. Are you in? Learn more. And start doing your life’s best work.℠
Healthcare Data Quality Analyst (Humedica, now part of Optum) - Boston, MA
Innovation. Adaptability. A passion for analytics and problem solving. If those traits brought you here, this opportunity can take you much further. Humedica, now part of Optum, is serving the health care marketplace with the information tools and analytics solutions that will fuel change going forward. We're well past "big data." In fact, we're using "great data" to uncover new solutions and novel marketplace opportunities. If you thrive on making an impact in an evolving market, we should be talking. Join the expanding family of UnitedHealth Group companies and help shape history. You'll help us improve the lives of others while doing your life's best work.
We are seeking a highly talented and motivated individual to contribute to our Data Factory as a Data Quality Analyst. As a Data Quality Analyst, you'll design and develop a descriptive analytical processing framework to monitor petabytes of data. We are looking for a creative, results-driven generalist who is excited about big, fast and flexible data, but who understands statistics and can write production-caliber code.
The focus of this position will be on evaluating the consistency of health care metrics and the quality of the data submitted across time and across healthcare organizations. Our ideal candidate can develop and perform sophisticated analyses to understand the data, and can program well enough to create software systems that automate these analyses and report on the results.
- Helps to build and to instrument a scalable, efficient and automated data pipeline capable of handling petabytes of data.
- Provides statistical information for data quality and validation. Improves analytical coverage on an ongoing basis.
- Automates the analysis of data quality statistics.
- Establishes statistical confidence by identifying sample size and acceptable error; determining levels of confidence.
- Establishes methods for collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data; and for performing forensics when errors arise.
- Writes software that automates the collection, analysis, and summary of the data; and trains others in its use.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering or other hard science
- 3+ years of SQL experience
- Experience using SQL to analyze large, multi-table data sets
- Unix scripting experience in Python, Bash, or similar language
- Experience constructing simple web applications and/or reporting software
- Experience with data ingestion and data quality monitoring
- Master's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering or other hard science
- Experience working with Healthcare data
Keywords: SQL, Python, Bash, data ingestion, data quality monitoring, healthcare data
What can YOU do with the right information? At Humedica and Optum, the possibilities and the impact are limitless. No matter what your role is at Optum, you'll be empowered to ask more questions, develop better solutions and help make the health care system greater than ever. It's always fresh. It's always exciting. And it's never been more important.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Job Category: Quality Assurance/Safety
- Job Reference Code: 546500
- Position Type: Full Time, Employee