For more than 40 years, Pharmavite has been a trusted leader in the wellness industry, recognized for providing quality vitamins, minerals and supplements and all natural snacks under our Nature Made® and SOYJOY® brand names.
Who We Are: Our mission is People creating new products for better health worldwide.
What We Do: Our vision is inspiring the healthiest you through more complete nutrition... Wherever you are in life.
As a member of the Pharmavite team, employees enjoy competitive salaries and an exceptional benefits package featuring medical, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, and long term disability coverage. In addition, employees enjoy educational assistance, credit union membership, substantial discounts on our products, and 11 paid holidays per year.
We currently are seeking a dynamic, strategic, and innovative Demand Planner/Forecasting Professional. This key position will be based in our corporate offices in Northridge, CA (So. CA).
Oversees the development, maintenance, and analysis of the finished goods forecast.
- Maintains current and long term forecasts required to drive production and inventory planning requirements, as well as to provide projections for corporate cash flow analysis.
- Uses and designs forecast reporting and analysis tools for all phases of the forecast process.
- Diagnoses problems in the forecast by assessing the impact of variances of forecasted items and makes appropriate forecast adjustments.
- Analyzes historical data and market intelligence in order to develop and improve the forecast. Has a solid understanding of all data and its relationship to the forecast (demand, shipments, POS, base/incremental split).
- Interfaces with Sales, Marketing, Shopper Marketing, and Pharmavite customers in order to incorporate all aspects of market intelligence into the forecasting environment. Maintains an excellent level of communication and collaboration.
- Develops and implements methods, procedures, and systems required to successfully launch and maintain CPFR (Collaborative Planning Forecast Replenishment) and VMI (Vendor Managed Inventory) initiatives with applicable customers.
- Strives to improve Pharmavite performance in areas such as forecast accuracy, fill rate, and customer-defined metrics.
- Communicates closely with Supply Planning to help ensure product availability and efficiencies.
- Provides all levels of the company with updates of forecast information, including ongoing analysis and interpretation of data. Presents information verbally, as well as in written reports.
- Interfaces with Information Systems to ensure the continuous development and enhancement of the forecast process, designing new reporting requirements and troubleshooting existing reports.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Requires a four year college or university degree or equivalent work experience.
APICS or other supply chain certification preferred.
Requires two to five years experience in forecasting, analysis, or reporting.
Experience with the retail marketplace and working with Sales is preferred.
- Thorough understanding of forecasting techniques/applications, insight into the financial and operational implications inherent in supply chain decision making
- Strong computer skills, including advanced capability in Microsoft Excel are preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Access and/or OLAP reporting tools is preferred.
- Strong analytical, decision making, organizational, presentation and human relations skills
- Detail-oriented and accurate
- Familiarity with shipment, order, and POS data is preferred.
- Shows leadership and initiative
- Works independently
General office environment, ability to sit for long periods of time. Ability to move about an office.
Must be available for occasional travel.
The incumbent must be able to perform this job safely without endangering the health or safety of self or others.
Pharmavite is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Visit our Product Web Sites: