Polaris Industries prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Polaris is transforming from a North American based company to a global company with over 5,300 employees in 16 different countries spanning five continents of North America, South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia.
Polaris designs, engineers, manufactures and markets innovative, high quality off-road vehicles, including all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) and the Polaris RANGER® and RZR® side-by-side vehicles, snowmobiles, motorcycles and onroad electric/hybrid powered vehicles.
Design Systems Engineer-Motorcycle
Responsible for leading the design, development and validation of components from concept to production in order to achieve the product objectives within a specified time.
Specific area of specialty will be motorcycle exhaust, intake and cooling systems. Focus will be to design, develop and implement world class motorcycle engine integration systems that meet compliance, cost, weight and NVH requirements for both OEM and aftermarket usage. Close interaction with chassis and PT design/development groups will be essential for success.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Establishes a reasonable project development schedule from concept to production implementation in line with overall business requirements.
2. Supports all design related component styling, purchasing and manufacturing issues with emphasis on quality, reliability, timely delivery, and cost.
3. Create and maintain design guidelines and validation plans. Communicate to project and validation teams.
4. Determines ideal component manufacturing route to ensure overall design, performance, and cost conformance.
5. Determines nature and type of electronic models, detail drawings, and analysis required to support the above and supervises their release through the release cycle.
6. Coordinate, mentor, and supervise designers within team.
7. Develop new intake, exhaust and cooling system technologies. Participate on related peer teams
8. Lead and participate in design reviews on projects to ensure adequate input and involvement from all interested groups.
9. Analyze manufacturing and field problems. Recommend and implement solutions.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
1. Required-B.S.M.E. in Mechanical Engineering
2. 3 plus years minimum related design experience in an O.E. Environment
3. Extensive Pro-Engineer or other 3D solid modeling experience
4. Experience with one or more of the following vehicle design categories: Engines and associated systems (induction, exhaust, cooling), Chassis design, Suspension systems, Braking systems and wheels, Welded structures, Bolted joints and fasteners, Castings and forgings, Sheetmetal, Electrical component specification and packaging, Accessories.
5. Creation of specifications for system performance.
6. GD&T, FMEA, dimensional stack-ups.
7. Superior technical knowledge as demonstrated by academic experience and broad practical experience in engine integration.
8. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
9. Creative, innovative, decisive and prone to action. Quality and customer focused
10 Ability to work with domestic and international technology partners.
11 Microsoft software including Excel, Project, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
Polaris offers you an opportunity to come on board and make a difference. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive relocation package. To round it off, a benefits package that allows you to work hard and play harder. WE HOPE YOU JOIN US FOR THE RIDE OF YOUR LIFE!
www.polaris.com click on careers page and use req 2795 to apply for position
Keywords: Engines, exhaust, intake, cooling systems, Chassis design, Suspension systems, Braking systems and wheels, Welded structures, Bolted joints and fasteners, Castings and forgings, Sheetmetal, Electrical, packaging, Accessories, powersports, automotive, design, NVH