Get new similar jobs by email for
Development & Communications M...
The Episcopal Senior Communities Foundation raises funds to support the charitable activities of Episcopal Senior Communities, a 1,200 employee not-for-profit organization serving the Greater San Francisco Bay Area. ESC offers a positive work environment where teamwork, open communication, and professionalism are emphasized. Episcopal Senior Communities has earned a top spot for four years running on the San Francisco Business Journals List of Best Places to Work in the Bay Area.
ESC’s mission is to provide housing and services with respect and dignity to seniors, support independence and self-worth, and encourage continued intellectual, physical, social and spiritual growth, regardless of religious affiliation. In addition to six continuing care retirement communities, ESC has four residential communities for low-income seniors and provides no-fee services to more than 10,000 seniors still living in their homes.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Giving, the Development & Communications Manager serves as an integral member of the Episcopal Senior Communities Foundation team and is responsible for managing fundraising appeals and events, and for cultivating sponsorships and grants. In addition, this position is responsible for the department’s communications efforts, and supports its major gifts efforts.
Summary of Responsibilities
· Plan and manage donor cultivation and fundraising events, specifically the annual golf tournament, donor appreciation functions, new resident functions and education/information sessions.
· Plan and manage annual appeal campaigns.
· Initiate institutional funding, including identification of institutional funders and grant opportunities; prepare grant proposals and manage grant reporting.
· Serve as liaison and resource to ESC’s Senior Resources and Affordable Housing staff on program planning, metrics and reporting as it relates to grant funding.
· Develop corporate outreach program.
· Work with the Senior Director of Giving to support major gifts and planned giving programs.
· Represent ESCF at public events, conferences, workshops and other events as necessary.
· Manage specific communications projects, including development and production of three-times-yearly Community Matters newsletter and planned quarterly e-newsletters.
· Manage content for the ESCF website to ensure the site provides up-to-date information and supports fundraising goals.
· Assist in developing and managing ESC social media presence across various Facebook sites, including content development for ESCF site.
· Support development of ESC communications materials as needed.
· Participate in developing ESCF organizational strategies and contribute to the creation of the annual work plan.
· Support the preparation of annual budget, strategic planning, and goal evaluation.
· Assist in developing fundraising reports to provide analysis in support of development planning.
· Participate in special projects and other duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications Required
Ø Commitment and passion for services to seniors.
Ø Demonstrated experience with a full range of development and communications activities, including fundraising, event planning, grant writing and feature writing.
Ø Superior written and oral communication skills.
Ø Excellent teamwork and relationship-building skills.
Ø Experience with databases, including query/report design. (Experience with eTapestry a plus.)
Ø Solid website/social media management skills
Ø Proven ability to manage multiple projects and take initiative, as well as work independently and effectively across teams.
Ø Advanced proficiency with PC-based software, including Microsoft Office suite.
Ø Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of four years of related professional experience.