Get new similar jobs by email for
|Publish Start Date||Jan 23 2014|
|Job Level||Entry Level|
If you are a mechanical engineer with a keen eye for world-class designs, and are passionate about the user experience, this amazing job, and the prestige that goes with it, could indeed be yours!
We are actively seeking a talented, creative, analytical, and inspired hands-on Engineer to work on one of our New Product Development teams (In other words, we are looking for an engineer with “The Right Stuff”) This compelling, strategic (and frankly pretty gratifying) work will be key to blending the desires of our customers with our business goals. What that really means is making new products for our customers, designed around their specific needs, so they can be the best at what they do.
Our ideal candidate has a minimum of 3 years of real-world, fast-paced design experience. Someone who is looking to grow their career, enjoys working in a collaborative environment with high-energy coworkers and seeks a culture where all people, including inspired, creative, design professionals, are appreciated and supported for their unique skill set.
If you like what you’ve read and you think this could be the job you’ve been looking for, please read on…
Ridge Tool Company (owner of the RIDGID® brand of professional grade plumbing tools and machines) has a Development Engineer position open in a New Product Development group. This position is for our Elyria, Ohio world headquarters (a location which includes both design and manufacturing operations). Primary responsibilities include:
· Design and development of new products and processes. This involves complete project responsibility
including concept development, component design, design verification, scheduling, product costing and reporting.
· Understanding of user needs in order to develop technical product specifications to meet those needs.
· Feasibility studies to assess technology matches to product specifications.
· Proactive participation in cross functional teams. Collaboration in order to achieve optimum outcomes.
· Prioritization of goals in order to deliver products on time while meeting cost and quality targets.
· Failure analysis and implementation of corrective measures.
· Participation in cost and quality improvement programs.
At a minimum, candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in Mechanical Engineering. Additionally, ideal candidates will possess the following qualifications:
· Minimum of 3 years of experience in design and development of mechanical / electro-mechanical products. Relevant Co-op or intern experience will also be considered.
· Hands on experience with a variety of consumer and construction tools and equipment.
· Basic knowledge of manufacturing processes such as casting, forging, and machining.
· Basic knowledge of 3D CAD design, Solid Edge experience preferred.
· “Can Do” attitude with the ability to get things done.
· Preference for experience in a test lab environment (design and set up of product tests), including failure analysis.
· Preference for prior experience with FEA software.
Additional Company Information
RIDGID (www.RIDGID.com) is a business unit of Emerson (www.Emerson.com), a Fortune 500 company that supplies engineered solutions around the globe. We sell RIDGID® branded tools, services and software in over 140 countries to meet the high expectations of expert tradespeople who install, operate, diagnose and maintain the world’s infrastructure.. We have a dynamic, collaborative, growth-oriented culture that creates solutions tailored to address specific needs of these demanding customers.