Get new similar jobs by email for
Development Manager Position
Ditto Residential develops and builds the finest residential single and multi-family housing in Washington, D.C. We have assembled an outstanding team of professionals who are committed to building the highest quality product. We achieve this through: innovative and enduring design, efficient and thoughtful engineering, and a relentless dedication to improvement.Our team members enjoy a collegiate atmosphere filled with the brightest and most committed real estate development professionals in Washington, D.C.
Position Summary:The Development Manager reports directly to the President and is responsible for supporting the real estate development activities of Ditto Residential.
· Perform feasibility analyses and underwriting for potential projects.
· Manage underwriting process with strong grasp of local zoning and design regulations.
· Manage pre-development, design/coordination, and project development through delivery.
· Manage project finance including communication and coordination with debt/equity partners.
· Perform market analyses/positioning studies for potential projects.
· Assist with the oversight and management of external partners, e.g. architects, market data consultants, environmental consultants, community organizations, political officials.
· Prepare and maintain project performance metrics that include pre-development budget, development budget, and project timeline.
· Collaborate closely with the VP of Construction to: ensureconstruction is performed per plans and specifications; coordinate with both field personnel and subcontractors as required to maintain project schedule, budget, and quality workmanship; review and process Change Orders.
· Prepare and supervise completion of project closeout.
Qualifications & Skills
· BA/BS in finance, economics, business or related field.
· 3+ years of previous experience in real estate development, land development, project management or construction.
· Strong ability to conduct feasibility analysis.
· Must be able to effectively and efficiently manage multiple development projects at any given time. The projects can be at various stages of the development life cycle.
· Experience with financial modeling, forecasting techniques, reporting and analysis of design.
· Ideal candidatewill have received outstanding ratings/reviews from former employers and colleagues.
· Strong organizational and creative problem solving. Resourcefulness.
· Self-motivated with a meticulous attention to detail.
· Superior analytical and critical thinking skills.
· Strong business acumen.
· Ability to partner with a variety of staff across functions and levels.
· Ability to read, understand and organize construction plans and specifications.
· Strong ability to multitask, prioritize, and work well under pressure to meet established deadlines.
· Strong, relevant computer skills and experience with project management/scheduling software.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with experience. Ditto Residential offers health benefits and paid leave.
Please send your resume and a cover letter containing your salary requirements and where you learned of this job opening to: email@example.com