Complete non-routine to moderately complex development project tasks including but not limited to tasks related to project documentation, accounting, compliance, and reporting.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- In conjunction with the Development Manager and Head of Development Services, prepare accurate and complete RFP's and RFQ’s for third party architects, consultants, contractors, expediters, vendors, etc. Analyze the scope of the project, define the requirements, develop a schedule and distribute to appropriate parties within established timeframe. Analyze responses and prepare a bid comparison sheet for review by the Development Manager and Head of Development Services.
- Promptly respond to routine and moderately complex questions and issues related to RFPs and RFQs and resulting proposals from third parties, conferring with the Development Manager and Head of Development Services regarding complex questions when needed.
- Effectively coordinate individual development project budgets with Asset Management, Capital Transactions and Accounting departments and marketing and leasing budgets for development projects, including development fees, project phases, and vendors. Ensure accuracy of budgets, record expenses and forecast the remaining costs. Manage the overall budget, update it and track fees and committed costs, including reallocations for change orders and other unforeseen costs.
- Complete accurate monthly asset performance reports for development properties in close coordination with the Development Manager or Head of Development Services. Review report submitted by accounting. Write clear and complete variance explanations, record actual expenses and forecast remaining costs to correlate with the project pace and schedules and submit to accounting. Perform a final review to ensure accuracy. Record percent complete and track committed costs, including reallocations for change orders and other unforeseen costs.
- Prepare, process, monitor and distribute invoices, billings, fees, AR, and capital draws in coordination with Accounting according to company policies and procedures.
- Manage and resolve accounting issues with AP and AR.
- Conduct field reviews at project sites to ensure work is being completed in accordance with contracts.
- Coordinate accurate and complete project documentation including reports, bids, vendor qualification forms, change orders, agreements, contract revisions, spreadsheets, schedules, correspondence, and other documents within established time frames.
- Prepare required Owner documents for non-routine projects, including monthly draws, third party invoices, development fees, change orders, correspondence, vendor contracts, insurance and legal documents. Ensure accuracy and compliance with Shorenstein policy, leases and Development Agreements. Execute Owner documents within signature authorization limits.
- Ensure current documentation is in place regarding contractor’s qualifications, project documents and project files (Insurance, Schedules, Permits, etc.) for non-routine projects per company guidelines and procedures.
- Close out projects in a timely manner including transferring complete project file to the building office and Corporate Secretary department.
- Maintain accurate, complete and current project files ensuring the appropriate safeguarding of confidential or proprietary information.
- Complete assigned duties in preparation of financial and other department reporting including quarterly reporting of the fees to Corporate Accounting and variance explanations. Prepare funding requests and contribution requests, reporting the information to Investor Reporting and providing explanations and documentation. Provide a detailed breakdown of costs for tax assessments or appraisal. Compile data and contribute to the development of the annual operating budget of the department.
- Prepare consolidated departmental reports such as project summary, master project schedule and development fees.
- Complete and/or assist to complete special projects with limited supervision.
- Prepare reports and presentations in an accurate and timely manner.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external business partners.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures in all activities.
- Provide excellent customer service to both external and internal customers by:
- Building positive relationships with customers
- Taking initiative to identify customer needs and provide service that meets or exceeds customer expectations
- Communicating effectively in person as well as via telephone and email.
- Resolving difficult situations through the use of effective problem-solving skills
Non-Essential Duties & Responsibilities: None
Location/Position Specific Responsibilities: None
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong working knowledge of the project development and management process as evidenced by a minimum of four (4) years development or construction project-related experience.
- Strong working knowledge or ability to quickly develop working knowledge of Shorenstein’s organizational structure, ownership structure and how the department functions as evidenced by four (4) years of experience in a related function.
- Working knowledge of accounting procedures for development or construction projects as evidenced by a minimum of four (4) years related experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to read, analyze, and interpret routine and non-routine documents.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively present information orally and in writing and respond to questions from individuals and groups within and outside the company.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively share information to keep others informed.
- Demonstrated ability to listen effectively and to select and use appropriate communication methods.
- Demonstrated ability to express opinions and feedback in a clear and constructive manner.
- Demonstrated ability to read, analyze and interpret information such as general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, contracts, or governmental regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to hold self-accountable in meeting deadlines and commitments.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize work, to remain focused when moving among tasks, and to manage multiple tasks and priorities to conclusion.
- Demonstrated ability to find, access, evaluate and use information.
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive, take initiative and follow through to achieve results.
- Demonstrated ability to reach solutions and achieve results that balance company and individual needs.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Demonstrated ability to respond to changing and sometimes ambiguous situations.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff.
- Demonstrated ability for accuracy and thoroughness in work and strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to view every action and decision in terms of client impact and to understand client needs.
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
- Demonstrated aptitude to quickly learn, use and manage project management software and applications, including Prolog, Skier, Primavera and Ebuilder and related software programs.
- Demonstrated ability to choose among alternatives when completing work. Work is periodically reviewed by management at key intervals for advice/guidance prior to completion.
Non-Essential Skills & Qualifications: None
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture, Financial Analysis or Construction Management from four year College or University.
- Minimum four (4) years experience providing support to development or major construction projects.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The position requires extended period of sitting and working at a computer.
- Work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee works primarily in an office environment.
- Travel may be required up to 10% of the time to project sites in the Bay Area.
Click Here To Apply