Get new similar jobs by email for
Diabetes Sales Specialist -D2_...
External Summary of Primary Responsibilities:
- Function independently with a high degree of sales proficiency.
- Develop superior product and disease state knowledge and effectively educate and engage healthcare professionals in dialogue about clinical evidence, approved indications, and product efficacy/safety profiles to support on-label prescribing for appropriate patients.
- Drive sales performance and ensure sales forecasts and assigned budgets meet or exceed therapeutic and territory expectations.
- Achieve and exceed sales goals while managing a budget using good judgment.
- Successfully complete all training requirements, including product examinations.
- Regularly use a variety of analytical tools to understand and evaluate the business in order to best determine how to accomplish sales objectives.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of market, demographic, and managed care information relative to assigned sales territory.
- Work with Regional Sales Director and District Sales Manager to develop a local strategy and business plan to generate recognizable increases of sales in territory.
- Capitalize on formulary approvals and other opportunities through effective implementation of the Strategic Targeting Plan.
- Use a wide variety of promotional resources, analytical tools, and resource personnel to maximize effectiveness in assigned sales territory, based on local assessment of customer needs.
- Provide special education to healthcare providers through appropriate programs that fall within AstraZeneca's ethical guidelines.
- Work with other Pharmaceutical Sales Specialists around common objectives to coordinate selling efforts.
- Provide timely and competent administrative management of work hours, sales call data, customer objectives, communication responses, synchronization, sample and expense reporting.
- Work within a framework of AstraZeneca's Leadership Capabilities.
-Bachelors degree (any major) from an accredited college or university is required.
- Knowledge of the medical, healthcare or pharmacy industry and skills in clinical selling are preferred, but not required
- Demonstrated effective organizational and communication skills
- Leadership, self--motivation and initiative
- Demonstrated judgment and decision-making capability
- Be results oriented with demonstrated time management skills
- Ability to learn, analyze, understand and convey complex information
- Demonstrated technical aptitude and computer skills are essential
- A valid driver's license and safe driving record
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines, primarily for the treatment of cardiovascular, metabolic, respiratory, inflammation, autoimmune, oncology, infection and neuroscience diseases. AstraZeneca operates in over 100 countries and its innovative medicines are used by millions of patients worldwide. For more information please visit www.astrazeneca.com http://www.candidatecare.com/srccsh/public/com/airs/portal/taglib/resources/shim.gif.rez " height="5" src="file:///C:\Users\brownhl\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.png" width="5"/>
Making a Difference
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer
Choose a career in the company that will make a meaningful difference in your life. One that will forge a connection between you, those you work with, and the millions of patients across the globe who are the inspiration behind our passion.
We are AstraZeneca. More than 57,000 employees strong, we have a presence in over 100 countries across six continents. We represent a diverse gathering of cultures. Yet there is one element that connects us all: helping people live healthier lives.
Helping people live healthier lives in addition to... Embracing diverse perspectives. Working together to create a better future. These are the common bonds – the catalysts that inspire people to work here. So come here. Arrive knowing there exists the potential to make a real impact. Be among those who continue to make us an innovation-driven company that stands firmly among the world's leaders in biopharmaceuticals.AstraZeneca does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on AstraZeneca's approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to AstraZeneca by search/recruiting agencies not already on AstraZeneca's approved agency list, and who were not asked to work on a specific vacancy, shall become the property of AstraZeneca and if the candidate is subsequently hired by AstraZeneca, AstraZeneca shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.