Die Cutting Operator needed for immediate openings (1st, 2nd & 3rd shift) at a Central New England folding carton, displays, and blister card manufacturer.
Responsible for the performance of manual and machine tasks in the set up, maintenance, and operation of die cut equipment to accurately produce product to customer specifications.
- General knowledge and understanding of die cutting processes and equipment.
- Read job tickets to determine setup specifications and instructions.
- Observe and monitor machine operations to detect malfunctions and to determine if adjustments are needed.
- Assure that Standard Operating Procedures are followed through all processes of make ready, operation and maintenance on the die cutting machine.
- Performs routine adjustments during the press run and maintains production throughout the run.
- Performs all assigned tasks/instructions effectively and on schedule.
- Maintain records of daily production, using appropriate forms.
- Record production information such as amount of time spent on specific tasks.
- Open machines and remove/replace damaged product, using hand tools.
- Follow established department policies, procedures, work instructions and safety and environmental guidelines.
- Maintain safe work habits and a safe working environment in the die cutting area.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of Bobst die cutting equipment preferred.
- Experience running board stock and paper on flatbed die cutters required.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed.