Get new similar jobs by email for
Sr Quality Engineer - Glendale...
Nesco Resource is currently recruiting for a Sr. Quality Engineer position with our client in Glendale, AZ.
Position: Sr. Quality Engineer
Location: Glendale, AZ
Rate: $43.00 Hourly
This position is located in Glendale, AZ, no relocation is offered.
Lead and coordinate activities and projects between Product Engineering, Operations AME, and Quality and Manufacturing Assurance team. Coordinate the identification and analysis of product opportunities / issues. Plan, deploy, monitor and control improvement including Supplier initiatives to drive product and process improvements. Support Customer communication to ensure and improve Product Quality and delivery.
• Provides work direction and mentoring to other Engineers and Product Engineering Technicians.
• Proactively coordinates and leads functional interaction such as supplier quality assurance, transitions, material productivity, and cost reductions.
• Support AME and NPI Engineers.
• Utilizes Six Sigma Plus, Design for Manufacturing (DFM) tools to drive product and process improvement.
• Ensure technical compliance with HS&E, OSHA regulations and requirements.
• Ensures delivered product meets customer requirements.
• Lead improvement of unit cost management including Cost Savings, Quality Measures, Product Cost, Productivity, Escapes, Inventory Reduction Projects and First Pass Yields.
• Drives deployment of Built in Quality improvement findings, leads the reduction in quality escapes, Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ), and Materials Review Board (MRB) utilization.
• Ensure compliance to the Quality Management System (QMS) policies and procedures.
• Oversee the development, documentation and training of the step by step method sheets and work instructions.
• Ensure correct tooling and factory test equipment are available and in use.
• Support all internal and regulatory audits as required.
• Identify Root Cause Corrective Actions using processes such as Corrective Action Mistake-Proofing (CAMP).
• Drive changes to Design Engineering regarding issues impacting product integrity.
• Leads the analysis and identification of capital equipment needs to address gaps in capacity, including AR creation, process management and installation.
• Responsible for adherence to department Burden, Tooling and Momentum budgets.
• Develops long range, strategic capital planning needs (5+ years).
• Execute and manage projects (such as cost reduction, transitions, etc.) and allocate funding as appropriate.
• Coordinate resources to align with project and factory needs.
• Responsible for identifying alternate solutions to mitigate quality and schedule risk.
• Supports globalization, make vs. buy, including analysis and planning.
• May work with Strategic Sourcing and Global Strategy & Integration (GS&I) functions.
• Leads improvements to achieve AOP in the following areas: On-Time Delivery, PPM, Escapes, Cycle-time Reduction, First Pass Yield, Turn Around Time, Inventory Reduction, COPQ and Safety.
• Create, maintain, and follow personal standard work.
• Support supervisor to provide training, as needed.
• Create, maintain, and follow process standard work.
• Support standardized work adherence and provide ideas for implementation of daily improvements suggested by operators and supervisors.
• Executes and improves on LSW to ensure personal task completion.
• Implement 5S in your work area/office.
• Monitor your department/area to ensure all items are stored in their proper location, follow the factory cleaning standards, and continuously improve the 5S process in the area.
• Score your area and take action on audit findings.
• Support & Lead the implementation of continuous improvement actions (Kaizen); participate in Kaizen process.
• For Export Compliance, candidate must be a US Citizen.
• BACHELORS' DEGREE in Electrical, Mechanical, Physics, Industrial, Electromechanical or Aerospace engineering or a related field.
• 5+ years of experience in a Quality, Reliability, Engineering, Manufacturing/Operations, or Six Sigma related disciplines.
• Broad and deep understanding of multiple manufacturing techniques and special process and their impact on costs including continuous improvement.
• Able to make decisions to positively impact the operations.
• Strong knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Operating Systems.
• Knowledge, skill and experience with wide range of product disciplines such as Mechanical and Electrical components and systems.
• Possesses financial acumen, understands business metrics and how to impact results.
• Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate project status and program needs across different levels of the organization and different operating environments.
• Strong people management skills including talent development, coaching and developing high performance team.
• Able to deal tactfully and confidently with internal, external customers and suppliers at all organizational levels.
• Demonstrates leadership skills, able to influence and provide visionary leadership with focus on product improvement.
• Proficient in project management skills with the ability to close initiatives on time and within budget.
• Results focused with successful record of accomplishments through skilled use of influence, persuasion, negotiation, and problem resolution.
• Results oriented, self-motivated, process driven.
Opportunity for contract-to-hire based on worker performance, worker attendance and dependability and business needs.
Work shift will be 7:30 to 4:00 with some flexibility
If you are interested in this position please forward resume to Kristina Telles at email@example.com
At Nesco Resource, our flexible staffing solutions include contract, contract-to-hire, and direct placement services. We employ specialized recruiters focused in the fields of Engineering, Information Technology, Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Customer Service, and Manufacturing & Distribution.