Continually seek new international business development opportunities for FlightSafety International by becoming a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on all U.S. and foreign Government and Military organizations, defense contractors and their key personnel in order to develop and maintain cooperative relationships regarding the aviation training needs of these agencies and contractors.
· Establish and maintain strong relationships of trust and confidence with the Department of Defense, Department of State, Congressional Staffs, and other government and military organizations, defense contractors, small businesses and associations and organizations (NBAA, GAMA, NDIA, AFA, MCAA, Navy League, AUSA,etc.) based in Washington D.C.Provide said organizations and personnel with current FlightSafety International information regarding capabilities, business interests, past performances etc., in an effort to determine requirements and potential business opportunities.
· Develop the relationships described above to gain information not publicly available through normal news and media services.
· Determine opportunities to team with defense contractors and other companies doing defense business, if FlightSafety International does not have the full capabilities, or desire, to act as a prime contractor for particular training programs.
· Develop and maintain an on-going international list of potential new business opportunities, and bring qualified programs to the bid/no-bid stage.
· Develop, manage and represent FlightSafety in new international business development opportunities, including developing and managing agent relationships and prospect/customer visits.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: (Minimum Requirements)
-Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from a four-year college or university preferred, or five (5) years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; equivalency years experience substitution must be in related field.
-Must have knowledge and experience with the US military services, Department of Defense, Congress and other governmental agencies.
-Knowledge of Department of State and Embassy relations.
-Knowledge of the DoD and Service POM and Budget process.
-Experience and working knowledege of Congressional relations and the legislative process.
-An aviation background is required and military pilot experience is highly desirable.
FlightSafety is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans