Get new similar jobs by email for
Director of Business Developme...
Leading General Contractor Northern Ca.
Director of Business Development
The Business Development Director will develop and implement business development strategies, including developing, managing and reporting for business activity as it relates to our focus markets; research and assist in the development of new clients to ensure continued growth via attendance/involvement in industry events, conferences, trade shows and client contact.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serve as an ambassador and public face of the company.
• Serve as a member of the management team providing direction and technical advice to identify and prioritize potential markets and customers.
• Prepare and implement business development action plans for targeted markets and work toward achieving annual sales goals/metrics as determined by Senior Management Team and Business Development Department leadership.
• Actively pursue, build and maintain strong and lasting relationships in the industry (business/corporate, institutional, government and A&E firms) and in the community to generate and enhance business opportunities.
• Generate partnering opportunities, including design-build/IPD efforts and Public-Private Partnerships; create technical solutions for project approach through the Pursuit Phase.
• Develop a thorough knowledge of client and competitor business profiles, work programs and strategies.
• Lead the proposal creation process and coordinate response to requests by working with various team members to gather necessary information. Provide direction and hands-on assistance with proposals and interviews.
• Educate, coach and mentor staff to enhance business development and presentation skills.
• Participate as an active member of the proposal and estimate review team. Provide direction and actively participate in closing the “sale.”
• Provide input to the management team on new product or service features to be developed to meet current and future customer needs.
• Continuously and regimentally call and visit target customers and construction influencers to promote and sell established products and services, especially to pre-sell specific target pursuits.
• Work with Business Development team members, Director of Operations and Marketing Department to help in the development, implementation and management of the marketing function and brand strategy.
• Bachelor Degree in Education, Business Administration, Construction Management, Marketing and Communications, or related field
• Minimum 5 years experience in Business Development in the Commercial Construction Industry
• Excellent client relations skills and ability to cold call new leads, build on existing client base, prospect and close deals
• Strong project management skills; ability to manage multiple projects and work with deadlines
• Excellent communication, organizational and writing skills. Experience responding to RFP’s and writing Proposals
The ideal candidate will possess business development skills and relationships in any combination of the following markets: K-12 education, higher education, student housing, multi-family housing, civic, healthcare, office/commercial, entertainment, hospitality, gaming, and retail.