Get new similar jobs by email for
Assistant Director of Educatio...
Sylvan Learning Center
Assistant Director of Educational Operations
As the Director of Educational Operations, you will manage the day-to-day operations of any Sylvan Learning Centers within your assigned territory, including in center sales, expense controls, hiring, developing and scheduling teachers, assisting in marketing activities within schools and the surrounding community and providing educational support. This position will average 30-40 hours per week, and will become an eventual full time position.
You will also be involved with the Mattoon Sylvan Learning Center and there will be occasional travel (2-3x a week) to the center in Mattoon.
Essential Job Functions
Teaching Certificate/Substitute Certificate is required for position. Credentials do not need to be current.
Service Delivery and Growth
· Manage and deliver ongoing conferences to maintain parent commitment to program and secure additional sales. Assist the Enrollment Director in conferencing new enrollments (including Welcome Conferences) as needed.
· Build additional Center revenue by maximizing referrals, previous students, and inquiries/tests that did not previously enroll.
· Assist Director of Enrollment in marketing activities.
· Administer skills assessment; analyzes testing results and complete summaries.
· Write appropriate goals for students based on initial testing.
· Administer progress tests correctly and write progress reports accurately.
· Proactively analyzeand conduct prescription quality reviews on an ongoing basis to ensure success of every student.
· Discuss student progress with teacher’s prior to parent conference.
· Maintain knowledge of all Sylvan academic programs; coordinates the training of all these programs for all team members; including the Center Director. Maintain education material.
· Maintain a 3:1 table ratio at the Center and off site locations.
· Reports education statistics as needed (e.g., length of stay, ratio, holds, disenrolls).
Manage & Train
· Select, train, and manage Center and off site employees (instructors and other Center staff).
· Motivate and continually develop Center and off site employees; effectively leads staff meetings.
· Demonstrate and uphold a high level of staff morale and spirit; ensure the professional appearance of Center and off site employees.
· Create and maintain a staff schedule that meets the needs of current and potential students and families for the center and for off site locations.
· Understand and execute to profit and loss statement.
· Monitor and track Center performance, revenues, expenses, and fee collection.
· Manage operating budget and monitor expenses.
· Maintain accurate accounting records, including the collection and depositing of payments.
· Ensure timely delivery of billing and tuition information to students and families.
· Work in conjunction with the Director of Enrollment to manage growth opportunities and execute off site instruction
· A Bachelor’s degree with Teaching Credentials (Credentials need not be current)
· Two years of related experience (sales and marketing), with a strong focus on customer service.
· Excellent verbal communication and persuasive skills, and the ability to build relationships
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts, analyze/interpret business reports and statistics, and write reports and business correspondence.
· Effective problem-solving skills.
· Ability to work evening hours, andSaturdays.
· Experience in education.
· Full teaching credentials are a plus but do not need to be current.
Communication – Effectively conveys and receives information through listening, speaking and writing skills.
Leadership– The integrity and courage to guide inspire and influence others toward common goals.
Innovative Thinking – Demonstrates innovative thinking and judgment to evaluate situations and solve problems.
Business Skills – Through productive work habits, demonstrates a sense of urgency to obtain quality results.
Teamwork – Works with others to accomplish center and company goals.
Professional Presence - Effectively builds and sustains business relationships.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties. This position reports directly to the Regional Manager or District Manager or Director of Enrollment.