Charter School in the Bronx is seeking a Director of Finance to be accountable for the leadership, strategic direction, management, quality control, and evaluation of all financial operations, programs, and activities.
- Ensure proper recording of all transactions in QuickBooks.
- Prepare regular reports for the Executive Director and the Treasurer of the Board of Trustees, including the preparation of monthly financial statements for presentation at the monthly board meetings.
- Manage the yearly closing process.
- Manage all financial audits and determine the need for an OMB Circular A-133 audit on a yearly basis.
- Coordinate tax filings with external accountants.
- Issue tax notices (1099's) to vendors and contractors yearly, as required.
- Implement accounting policies and internal control procedures.
- Prepare and monitor the annual budget.
- Process purchase order approvals and requests.
- Prepare reports for the NYS Education Department, the NYC Department of Education, and a range of governmental oversight agencies (compliance reports, annual reports, renewal application, program reports).
- Ensure proper documentation and implementation of government-funded grant programs (e.g. NCLB, e-rate).
- Establish minimum vendor requirements (e.g. insurance) and evaluate vendors and contractors to insure they meet the minimum requirements to work in the school.
- Establish employment files/database and ensure employment laws and regulations are followed.
- Ensure compliance with teacher certification regulations and staff and vendor criminal clearance.
- Draft new and revise existing personnel policies, revising staff manual as needed.
- Provide guidance to the Head of School for staff disciplinary and termination actions.
- Perform staff exit interviews and recommend ways to use the feedback constructively.
Director of Finance Role Qualifications
- Degree in Business and/or Management and at least five years of experience in a management/operations/finance role
- Experience in nonprofit setting preferred, experience in a school setting required.
- At least three years of supervisory experience
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE WORKING AT A CHARTER SCHOOL
For consideration, please forward your resume to: email@example.com