Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 17 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.℠
Director of Healthcare Economics - SAS - Santa Ana, CA
Expanding access to affordable, high quality health care starts here. This is where some of the most innovative ideas in health care are created every day. This is where bold people with big ideas are writing the next chapter in health care. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Director of Healthcare Economics is responsible for managing a team of SAS analysts, gather and document requirements, review code and output, conduct meetings, track projects and project plans. Ideal candidate will be a strong communicator and have the energy to keep projects moving and remove roadblocks for the team.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversee and coordinate the development of reports, algorithms, and analyses related to Medicare, Medicaid, and Commercial lines of businesses.
- Manage analysts and ensure that workloads are balanced, deadlines are met, and projects are progressing and being completed successfully.
- Recruitment, performance evaluation, career development and employee engagement of analysts and team leads.
- Direct interaction with users to gather requirements, explains process and how the team supports the needs, and manages expectations.
The position will be based in the Santa Ana, CA office.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years SAS-related programming experience
- 2+ years of direct management experience with proven ability to manage and lead analytical teams successfully
- Previous healthcare experience
- Advanced Degree
Job Keywords: Healthcare Economics, Network Pricing, Medical Economics, Healthcare Analyst, Financial Analyst, Sales Contracts Analyst, Pricing Consultant, SAS
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.