Get new similar jobs by email for
Director of Mortgage Originati...
MID-ATLANTIC FEDERAL CREDIT UNION, a member owned, not-for-profit, financial institution serving the community of Montgomery County, Maryland, seeks an experienced Director of Mortgage Business Development.
Position is responsible for managing and directing the business development efforts for the Credit Union as it pertains to mortgage loan originations for both new and existing members. Provides coaching, sets and monitors performance goals for the mortgage business development team and ensures credit union mortgage production goals are being met.
· Sells the Credit Union's mortgage lending program to companies and individuals within the real estate community. Develops and maintains an extensive referral network within the credit union's field of membership.
· Reviews and evaluates information on mortgage loan documents to determine if buyer, property, and loan conditions meet credit union, investor and federal regulations. Submits completed loan application packages for processing and underwriting.
· Manages pipeline to ensure loans close prior to lock expiration and by desired closing date. Monitors floating loans and locks as appropriate.
· Responsible for the salary and performance appraisal administration for assigned area. Responsible for the hiring, training and oversight of quality employees, and any disciplinary or termination decisions for the department.
· Researches the marketplace for current lending rates and programs to remain competitive. Recommends new loan products and programs that would enhance member relationships.
Local candidates preferred. A college degree is required along with five to ten years of similar or related experience. Knowledge of the secondary market and experience with first and second mortgage residential real estate lending; must have proven track record of selling and servicing loans. Must have working knowledge of regulations affecting mortgage lending. Must have good communication and supervisory skills.
60% of job is located in a general office environment and is accomplished by using the telephone, personal computer, fax machine. Other 40% of job is spending time at employer sites and networking events and is accomplished by driving a car to these various locations.
Working at Mid-Atlantic Federal Credit Union:
Recognized by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence as a Great Place to Work in Montgomery County Maryland, we place a strong emphasis on providing quality service to our members and you! MAFCU offers a friendly working environment, promotional opportunities and outstanding benefits which include:
Applications/resumes will only be accepted via our website atwww.mafcu.org
or to access our employment section directly click on the following link: