Get new similar jobs by email for
An outstanding Word Processor is needed ASAP to work in one of NYC’s most prominent and well-known law firms. This is a critical position for the firm’s second shift; the schedule for the Word Processor will be from 5:00PM to 1:00 AM Monday through Friday. Car service will be provided each night within the 5 boroughs of NYC. Depending on experience, the salary for the Word Processor ranges from 70K-80K with great benefits.
Successful candidates will have an excellent work ethic and strong teamwork skills in a high volume, minimally staffed environment. They must also be flexible, organized, able to work under pressure and meet deadlines with a calm, pleasant demeanor. Additionally, the candidate should be able to work with minimal supervision, make independent, well-thought-out decisions and troubleshoot documents as well as software issues. Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential to success in the role with the ability to interact professionally with attorneys, staff and clients.
Qualifications & Requirements:
· 3+ years’ experience as a word processor in a legal or financial services organization
· Expert knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Acrobat, Omni Page, and Outlook is required
· Minimum typing speed of 60 wpm
· College degree or business certification is preferred; equivalent work experience will be considered
· Graphics experience is a plus
Essential Job Functions:
· Revise, format, proofread and blackline documents
· Scan documents either for conversion to Word or emailing in PDF format
· Download and print data sites
· Assist attorneys either in the Document Services Center or while sitting at work stations adjacent to their offices; this involves all word processing functions and some secretarial functions, such as copying documents, answering phones and sending out documents via email
· Available to work overtime, as needed
***** Candidates should send resume, salary history, and availability to interview ASAP *****