Enter your email address below to receive jobs like this sent to your email.
Richard S. Palmer
Richard S. Palmer
San Jose, CA 95134
Director - Software Development - Data Mining/Search
About the Job
My client is Fortune 100 technology company headquartered in the Bay Area. Currently they are planning an initiative to capture for re-use intellectual capital that spans all types and occurrences of customer interaction. The goal is to have an easily accessible repository of validated answers to any question or issue that may arise regarding any hardware, software or service-related issue within the company's very broad product line.
The responsibilities for this director-level role will include:
- Defining the strategy for capture and re-use of this data, from direct customer interactions, online forums and communities, self-service support and remote technical support.
- Partnering with all customer-facing delivery teams to understand their workflow and create programs to capture intellectual capital from all people-to-people interactions.
- Define software solutions which create self-sustaining intellectual capital data warehouses based on structured and unstructured contributions. “Mine” social media platforms for reusable knowledge.
- Aggressively drive research, adoption and deployment of new technologies for knowledge capture and reuse.
The requirements for success in this role include:
- 15+ years of software engineering experience with a track record of success in managing disparately-sited development teams.
- Deep understanding of data mining, search and knowledge management.
- Working knowledge of advanced statistical analysis and data pattern matching.
- Strategic thinker with deep business acumen and intuitive mind who can provide a holistic approach at integrating disparate pieces of information and synthesizing recommendations.
- Ability to work cross-organizationally to achieve objectives.
- Passion to build a high-performance team and create a dynamic infrastructure for knowledge capture and reuse.
My client is a world leader in networking technology and a household name. This senior leadership position is a unique opportunity for the right individual to define and execute a services-wide intellectual capital technology strategy which will serve to broaden and deepen the company’s ability to provide world-class support to customers, partners, employees and other stakeholders.
NOTE: This opportunity is open in geography but does require a certain amount of travel.