Due to the exciting growth The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf® is experiencing, we are searching for a District Manager to work in the LA/OC area! The District Manager is responsible for directing and educating the General Managers within their specified district (an average of 12 retail stores) on their store operations. The District Manager must provide clear direction and leadership to help the store management drive sales, manage budget and ensure profitability. The position is responsible for executing the brand strategy and promoting the Company’s vision, mission and values. The District Manager will also utilize effective recruiting sources and methods to attract and select talented Team Members. The District Manager will maintain positive company morale, will represent The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf® in a professional manner and will fulfill the duties and requirements listed below under the direction of the Regional Director, Vice President of Operations and Corporate Officers.
The District Manager is responsible for maintaining the key business areas listed:
- Is accountable for sales growth within the district, assisting the General Managers in developing and reaching their sales plans.
- Maintains efficient, friendly service standards to consistently deliver a Total Quality Experience.
- Responds pro-actively to prevent and resolve customer service situations.
- Maintains and drives high standards and expectations of customer service by empowering Store Teams.
- Is sales driven and generates a sales environment in stores through customer engagement.
- Routinely visit assigned store locations, ensuring the Company’s policies and procedures are properly executed.
- Sets up and maintains cost and labor controls through scheduling and par reviews.
- Monitors controllable store expenses for profitability.
- Partners with loss prevention to ensure compliance with standards.
- Responsible for store management supervision including but not limited to providing direction to the team, corrective counseling, and conducting meaningful performance evaluations.
- Staffs, trains and organizes the opening of new The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf® locations.
- Identifies and resolves problems for items that affect any of the above objectives. Creates systems to proactively identify / solve problems and prevent them from reoccurring. Utilizes action plans when needed
- Executes effective store visits.
- Conducts regularly scheduled District meetings to provide direction, communicate Company initiatives, reviews sales plans, promotions and other key actions.
- Provide quality and effective leadership as a reflection of the Company’s FROTH Core Values.
- Perpetuates company Genuine Care philosophy and culture.
- Engage in clear, consistent communication with store teams.
- Effectively recruits and interviews new management candidates.
- Manages the development and performance of General Managers.
- Evaluates General Managers on an on-going basis and provides training, coaching and counseling.
- Implements consistent, efficient and effective manager and team training to both meet the company objectives and create bench strength for growth and change.
- Inspires Store Managers to deliver a Total Quality Experience
- Educates General Managers on all products and services.
- Consistently maintains the highest quality of product standards to consistently deliver a Total Quality Experience.
- Supervises General Managers in maintaining clean, safe, well stocked and merchandised stores.
- Enforces corporate merchandising standards and plan-o-grams.
- Participates in special events, as needed.
- Maintains positive company culture and models the FROTH Core Values.
- Is available for emergency assistance.
- Attends management meetings at the corporate office when scheduled.
- Regularly required to drive to store location.
- Overnight travel may be required.
- Minimum five years experience at District Manager level
- Multi-unit manager with expansion experience
- Food and Beverage, retail or hospitality experience preferred
- Four-year college degree preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Well organized and detail oriented.
- Proven success at building teams and people development
- Literacy in Microsoft Office