Enter your email address below to receive jobs like this sent to your email.
Amityville, NY 11701
Printing and Publishing
Years of Experience
2+ to 5 Years
45,000.00 - 65,000.00 $ /year +bonus
E-Commerce Product Manager
About the Job
Live on Long Island, Work on Long Island! Envelopes.com is a leading internet retailer with over 400,000 customers nationwide. We are continuing to grow and need an experienced Product Manager to lead our product expansion. We have a beautiful new, cutting edge office in Amityville. See it on facebook.com/envelopes
Job Purpose: Develops products by identifying potential products; conducting market research; generating product requirements; determining specifications, production timetables, pricing, and time-integrated plans for product introduction; developing marketing strategies.
Duties: * Determines customers' needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information.
* Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
* Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products.
* Provides source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives.
* Obtains product market share by working with marketing director to develop product sales strategies.
* Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests.
* Facilitates inventory turnover and product availability by reviewing and adjusting inventory levels and production schedules.
* Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing.
* Introduces and markets new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales, advertising, and production.
* Determines product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
* Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
* Maintains product management staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills/Qualifications: Product Management, People Management, Understanding the Customer, Product Development, Requirements Analysis, Pricing, Planning, Competitive Analysis, Sales Planning, Inventory Control, Financial Planning and Strategy