Do you have a solid electronics understanding? Do you like hands-on work, troubleshooting, and servicing different clients every day? If so, this position may be a great fit for you!
The Electronic Field Service Engineer is responsible for the installation, preventive maintenance, scheduled and emergency services on Liebert Manufactured Uninterruptable Power Supply (UPS) products serviced by Liebert. This position services customers in the Baltimore, MD area. Candidates must live or be willing to relocate themselves within 25 miles of Baltimore, MD to be considered for this role. A company vehicle, laptop, blackberry, and tools will be provided. Benefits provided include: health insurance, prescription plans, dental, vacation, paid holidays, 401K and Profit Sharing. We provide an execellent training program for new hires and excellent professional growth opportunity.
- Render technical on-site and phone assistance to customers
- Perform general and preventive maintenance on Uninterruptable Power Supply systems
- Respond to emergency calls at customer’s request
- Strive to provide all customers a 'first time fix' for their equipment
- Provide accurate and timely communication to internal and external customers
- Keep current on Safety Field Change Notices and Service Tips
- Provide accurate and timely reporting of time cards, expense reports, etc.
While performing duties of the above jobs, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or other components; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear and smell. The associate frequently is required to sit and climb or balance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must have ability to regularly lift at least 50 pounds. Valid drivers license is required.
- Associates Degree in Electronics or Military Electronics Training a plus
- 4+ years of hands on electronic experience
- Prior field service experience preferred
- 3 phase/480v experience preferred
- Familiarity with electrical/electronic test equipment and fundamentals
- Ability to read and interpret electrical line diagrams and blueprints
- Working knowledge of OHM's law and electronic theory
- Ability to evaluate the operating conditions of equipment
- Standard computer skills including MS Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Mechanical aptitude
- Clear, concise, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact comfortably with all levels of internal and external customers
- Must have the ability and self motivation to manage one's own schedule
Emerson Network Power, Liebert Services is an equal opportunity employer with a written Affirmative Action plan. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, sex, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, veteran status or genetic information. Emerson is committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
Additional Company Information
Liebert Services, a division of Emerson Network Power, is the world's leading supplier of computer support systems, precision air conditioning and power protection systems. The company has more than eleven manufacturing facilities along with a worldwide network of sales offices, distributors and service centers covering more than 100 countries. Emerson Network Power offers Liebert Services the strength and backing of a Fortune 100 company with over 129,000 employees and annual revenues of over $22 billion.
We have made the decision not to provide sponsorship for work authorization to any candidate. If you do not have valid authorization to work in the United States, or your current authorization will require sponsorship on the part of this company, you will not be considered for employment opportunities.
Click here to apply online