Get new similar jobs by email for
Electronics Quality Engineer/T...
JOB TITLE: Quality Engineer/Test Engineer QE/TE
DEPARTMENT: Quality Assurance Reports to: Quality Manager
Position Summary: The Quality Engineer/Test Engineer’s primary role is to support the Radian QMS and identify and help to resolve quality issues and to develop and implement tests that will ensure proper functionality of Radian products. In addition to validating new products prior to release, the QE/TE will be involved with the testing of existing products. The QE/TE will work closely with various departments to ensure the QMS procedures are followed throughout the development and release processes and to implement the testing of products and/or subassemblies.
· Provide statistical information for quality improvement by identifying testing methods and failure modes.
· Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data; making recommendations.
· Facilitate and promote use of appropriate problem solving techniques for effective root cause analysis and successful corrective action.
· Perform duties in accordance with quality system requirements.
· Provide support to operations ensuring consistent application of quality techniques.
· Resolve quality issues of assembly, tolerancing, and materials’ related issues including in-house and supplier quality issues.
· Create and execute test plans to validate that products are in accordance with Radian product specifications and customer expectations.
· Represent the Quality Assurance department by providing input as part of NPD project teams, providing expertise to guide design/development, testing plans and documentation. The QE/TE represents QA at product design reviews, requirements meetings and in production and testing process development.
· Keep Quality Manager apprised of any quality concerns or potential design shortfalls discovered during testing.
· Meet deadlines and adapt to the changing needs of a project
· Support production with the development and analysis of testing equipment when needed.
· Other duties as assigned
· Candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering Technology (EET), Industrial Technology (IT) or equivalent education and experience.
5-7 years of product / quality testing (development & execution of test plans) on electronic products
5-7 years of field testing and troubleshooting to identify root cause of problems
Basic statistical analysis tools
Formal quality management systems (ISO) including document control
Electronics lab equipment
Electrical theory and concepts
Writing quality management system procedures, work instructions and test instructions
The design, writing, and execution of quality test plans for electronic hardware and software
Review of new product designs and product design changes
Problem solving and root cause analysis
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
ISO 9001 and ISO 17025 auditing and implementation experience
Six Sigma Green Belt
Knowledge of software programming and software development lifecycle
Knowledge of SQL Server
Ability to multi-task while meeting testing/project deadlines
Critical thinking, organization skills, self-motivated, and detail oriented
Works well in a team environment, as a liaison and alone
Ability to offer technical support of products including fault analysis
Shows initiative in gaining theoretical knowledge of what testing is required and why
Intermediate to advanced computer skills
Travel Domestically _Ö_Y or N___ Travel Internationally __Y or N Ö
Physical Abilities: Circle one
N=Not Applicable (Activity is not applicable to this occupation)
O=Occasionally (Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time; 0-2.5+ hours per day)
F=Frequently (Occupation requires this activity from 33% to 66% of the time; 2.5-5.5+ hours per day)
C=Constantly (Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time; 5.5+ hours per day)
Stand N O F C
Sit N O F C
Walk N O F C
Handling/Fingering N O F C
Reach Outward N O F C
Reach Above Shoulder N O F C
Climb N O F C
Crawl N O F C
Squat or Kneel N O F C
Bend N O F C
12 lbs. or less N O F C
13-25 lbs. N O F C
26-40 lbs. N O F C
41-100 lbs. N O F C
10 lbs. or less N O F C
11-20 lbs. N O F C
21-50 lbs. N O F C
51-100 lbs. N O F C
Over 100 lbs N O F C
Other physical requirements:
Read Computer Screen N O F C
Operate Key Board N O F C
The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.