Embedded Software Engineer
Type of position: Contract, Temp or Temp to Hire
Length of Contract: 6 months or longer
Location: Work must be completed at Haas Automation, Inc. in Oxnard, CA; telecommuting is NOT available for this position.
Will work on embedded software for mechatronics systems. Will be working in LINUX environment using the experience of embedded development.
The candidate must have the following qualifications:
- BS / MS /CE Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Must have 3+ years of coding experience with real-time embedded systems
- Real-time systems constrains and specifics understanding
- Object oriented software design experience
- Embedded Development using Linux environment
- Ability to understand and implement interfaces to hardware I/O, switches, sensors, electromechanical actuators etc.
- Experience programming in C/C++/Javaunder Linux and Windows systems
- Demonstrated aptitude for troubleshooting, testing/analyzing to establish root cause, and proposing solutions
- Understanding of multithreading
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Desire and energy to work in a fast-paced environment
Preferred skills, but not required:
- Experience in writing code for capital equipment/machinery/automation systems
- Interfacing Java code to C/C++ code modules
- Scripting language like Python, Perl, etc.
- Indicate how many years’ experience in coding experience with real-time embedded systems?
- How many years’ experienceprogramming in:
- Indicate the type of equipment you have written programs for?
- Your availability to interview?
- Following offer, how soon can you start work?
Agency Candidate Submission:
Please forward candidates resume, bill rate (if candidate is not local, include any additional expenses outside the scope of work, in bill rate) and answers to the above questions to Rick Early, Talent Acquisition Specialist at Haas Automationrearly@haascnc.com