EMC DSSD Linux / Unix System Administrator - Menlo Park, CA
Accelerate your career as you help reinvent the value and impact of information for business everywhere. At EMC, we're leading customers on their journey to cloud computing by enabling them to store, manage, protect and analyze their information assets in a more agile, trusted and cost-effective way. If you're passionate about technology and want to be part of the information management revolution, join more than 50,000+ EMCers around the world who are leading the journey to the cloud.
DSSD is a California-based developer of an innovative new rack-scale flash storage tier is now part of EMC Emerging Technology. DSSD's architecture complements EMC's industry-leading flash storage portfolio and is designed to deliver game-changing performance for I/O-intensive in-memory database and Big Data applications such as SAP HANA and Hadoop. (DSSD does not compete with XtremIO; it is not a flash array and its target workloads are different from XtremIO.) DSSD will operate as a standalone unit in our Emerging Technology Products Division. We expect DSSD's rack-scale flash storage products to become available in 2015. Our product simplifies a wide range of difficult tasks in data processing and analytics.
* EMC DSSD is searching for a Linux Systems Administrator to join our infrastructure operations team to support our mission critical environment. The successful candidate will perform daily hands-on Red Hat Linux systems administration tasks, including file system maintenance, user administration and performance evaluation/tuning.
* Establishes Linux system by planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of PC and server hardware, software, LAN and WAN networks, and Linux operating and system management systems; defining system and operational policies and procedures.
* Maintains Linux system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting system hardware, software, networks and operating and system management systems; designing and running Linux system load/stress testing.
* Secures Linux system by developing system access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures; completing back-ups; maintaining documentation.
* Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
* Responsible for the installation, configuration, administration, and tuning of Linux servers.
* Deployment of applications on Linux / UNIX environments.
* Provide technical support on application server-related and web applications issues.
* Responding to trouble-tickets via an internal application and/or phone reports.
* The ability to use intelligence, scripting, and tools to manage change from development to testing to production environments.
* Multiple years of Linux or UNIX system administration experience desired, but candidates of all levels will be considered.
* Working knowledge of TCP/IP networking.
* Knowledge of Linux / UNIX server installation and configuration, Mac OS, security, DNS, DHCP, network file systems.
* Python and/or Shell scripting skills desired.
* Hands on experience with LDAP, FlexLM, ZFS, PXE and/or Jumpstart/Kickstart installations desired.
* Experience supporting VMWare would be a plus.
* Experience supporting firewalls and VPN's.
* Excellent verbal and written skills, along with outstanding customer service skills.
* Diagnose and resolve systems and/or network problems.
* Develop and maintain procedures and documentation.
* Move servers between campuses in Menlo Park.
* Able to compete multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision.
* Ability to lift at least 50 lbs. and perform work requiring extended walking and bending.
* BA/BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
DSSD does not accept unsolicited Agency Resumes. DSSD will not pay fees to any third part agency or firm that does not have a signed "EMC Agency Fee Agreement"
When you choose DSSD, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and the community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalled growth and development opportunities - all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression of national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law are strongly encouraged to apply.
When you choose EMC, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, are strongly encouraged to apply.