- Plans, organizes, staffs, directs, controls and budgets for Emergency Road Service Fleet Operations.
- Coordinates and oversees daily operational activities.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Club’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsible for properly managing Club assets, to include property, equipment and human resources.
- Provides relevant information and performance feedback formally and informally to all staff on a regular basis through the use of communication techniques such as, staff meetings, one-on-one discussions/coaching, performance evaluations, electronic means, etc.
- Key communicator between senior Management and front-line associates.
- Responsible for the development of, and adherence to, departmental budgets for capital and operating income and expenses.
- Responsible for managing the efficiency and profitability of a Fleet operation ensuring that revenues and expenses fall within budgeted allocations. Budgets for income, operational and capital expenses.
- Accountable for compliance to all quality standards established both on a local and national level, to include Club-wide member satisfaction goals. Counsels/critiques/communicates to members to ensure total satisfaction.
- Ensures the safety and security of associates, Club assets and property through the adherence of established safety and security policies, processes and programs.
- Ensures adequate and proper development of Staff.
- Responsible to identify, through individual and/or group performance and skill assessments, job skills and processes that, due to the course of normal business and career development, require additional improvement or upgrading. Supports Club-wide training efforts.
- Proficient in basic PC skills to include Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office applications, Internet Explorer and appropriate Axis applications.
- Ensures adequate and proper training of Staff. Supports Club-wide efforts for security and integrity of data.
- Responsible for determining an effective Fleet scheduling program, efficiently using resources and meeting service level expectations.
- Responsible for development and realization of Club roadside "On the Go" initiatives.
- Ensures adequate training and development of Staff, developing performance measures, guidelines and incentive plans.
- Ensures that drivers and trucks operate within all applicable Local, State and Federal guidelines.
- Develops and administers business plan components designed to meet strategic objectives, improve service and foster growth of Staff.
- Develops and maintains Standard Operating Procedures for Fleet operations.
- Responsible for researching and developing additional revenue streams which compliment AAA Fleet operations.
- Plans for and enacts AAA Association architecture and initiatives compatible with our operations.
- Reviews and analyzes department reports, initiating adjustments and changes to operations where/when necessary.
- Responsible for sales levels, goals and performance of subordinates.
- Details operations to Management in reports and other forms as necessary.
- Upon need, the Manager must be able to perform the same or similar work as subordinates.
- Works closely with all Automotive and other business line Managers in development and support of member centric programs.
· Four year college degree or equivalent technical training in military or other acceptable venues.
· Over 5 years combined experience in automotive related and management fields.
· Must have familiarity with Federal Motor Carrier Safety regulations as applicable to Fleet operations as well as other State, Local and Federal rules, regulations and laws.
· Must possess the proper licensing to drive Club vehicles and maintain insurability as determined by our carriers.
· Ability to communicate effectively and professionally.
· Ability to develop and carry out effective presentations to potential business partners and staff.
· Proficient with mathematics and basic statistical analysis.
· Solid understanding of basic accounting principles.
· Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
· Possess excellent decision-making, problem-solving, planning and human resources skills in order to contribute to the overall efforts of the Management Team and Club objectives.
· Must be familiar with client server environments and network functionality.
· Required regularly to use a PC.
· Must occasionally lift and/or move heavy tools, accessories and equipment (80 lbs or more).
- Works primarily in a typical garage/repair shop environment where temperature extremes are present.
- May work outside under adverse conditions.
- Exposure to dirt and grease is common.