Engine/After-Treatment(Performance Engineer) (140001T7)
No, this isn’t one of those ordinary jobs.
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right.
- Provides guidance and organization to staff engaged in various engineering assignments and projects.
- Applies sound knowledge of engineering principles and practices in the development, analysis and release of products and subsystems through the product life cycle.
- Leads teams to improve current product reliability issues related to engine and after-treatment performance integration.
- Verifies design using analysis and or functional testing, drives decisions and assesses risk.
- Evaluates customer needs and aligns requirements with identified customer expectations.
- Leads a small technical group and works under minimal supervision.
- Provides guidance, sets expectations, clarifies responsibilities, and provides feedback for project team members in accomplishing tasks and goals.
- Participate as a key contributor and assigns work to meet group commitments.
- Provides supervision to direct reports engaged in similar types of work.
- Influences at department or program management level.
- Proposes innovative initiatives and solutions.
- Contributes to the solution of complex technical problems; provides resources, removes barriers and ensures application of common approaches.
- Identifies developmental needs of group members.
- Assists with the transfer of knowledge; coaches and mentors less experienced engineers.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
Masters of Science, Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent engineering degree.
Intermediate level of relevant work experience in engine/after-treatment performance integration. 5 – 15 years relevant experience preferred.
- Project Management - Has a good understanding of and effectively applies project management techniques in low to moderately complex projects.
- Product Improvement Processes – Has experience using product improvement processes including ECM software and calibration change control.
- Develops Systems And Processes - Identifies and implements effective processes and procedures for accomplishing work. Solid understanding of how to develop systems and process. Applies systems and processes to improve and complete work at a team/departmental level. Works to eliminate system and process inefficiencies and roadblocks. Demonstrates consistent use of structured work documentation (e.g. communication channels, work steps, procedures, checklists, or flow charts).
- Fosters Open Communication - Solid understanding of how to foster open communication within department and work teams. Expresses views and thoughts when appropriate. Demonstrates the ability to listen to views and identify and acknowledge others feelings using active listening skills. Interacts with people openly and directly. Makes sure people have no surprises. Shares timely updates and information with relevant parties.
- Design For Six Sigma - At the core of Design for Six Sigma is a process based on critical parameter management and statistical management using a capability growth index.
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation: Base salary commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify:
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify